Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
Moktah

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:18 pm   

Suggestion

Add a way to mark a Dungeon, Interest Points, etc. as 'Conquered' (or similar wording)
Then add a toggle to Hide or Show all the Conquered locations

This way you can see what dungeons you've already been to
without weeding your way through all of em to see which ones you haven't been to yet.

I've tried adding a marker on each item... but it soon became way too cluttered. And from time to time... my markers disappear.
(Is there a limit to how many markers you can have?)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:53 pm   

There isn't any limit to the number of markers.

I'll have to think about what to do for this one. Most people don't just want to see the "Conquered" dungeons but want to see everything on the map. The database already has an Enable/Disable flag for each location, so maybe I'll make it easier to use that...right now you can only toggle this for portals I think.
Moktah

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:36 am   

Found the toggle you mentioned, but I was hoping to be able to see all the 'conquered' locations and then make them all disappear with the click of a button.
Disabling each one by that toggle would require later enabling each one individually to see all the locations again (if I'm understanding the toggle correctly)

What I was thinking of is...
Right click the location
In menu add a checkbox called 'Conquered'
Where you can check/uncheck it
I'm not sure about changing the icon. (thats one prob I'm having with flags also... I cant' tell if I conquered a dungeon or an interest point.) At most add a square around the icon (same square that pops up when you 'select' an object/dungeon, but the square would need to be a different color. Another possibility would be to change to color of the icon itelf. A black star would become a purple star for an interest point. Change the black on a dungeon icon to purple. Come to think of it... those should be the only ones that I'd need to show as conquered; since afterall, you dont' conquer a lifestone hehe)

Then in the toolbar under Show
Add 'Conquered' to the list that you can toggle
Grant it, it would need to toggle them off and on at all magnification levels. (Mine seems to only toggle things in that list if I"m viewing the map in full size)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:36 pm   

Yes, I understand what you are asking for. The issue is trying to figure out a generic way to do this. What you are suggesting only applies to places like dungeons, and zMapper/zExplorer is made more general purpose than that. So, as I said, I need to think more about this and find a way for it to fit with the rest of the program.

The most general version of what you are trying to do is what I'd call "Quest tracking" and is more involved that just determining which locations have been "conquered."

Regarding toggling stuff when you are not in Full mode, are you using zExplorer or AC Explorer? zExplorer allows you to toggle stuff in other modes and keeps track of what stuff is viewable in each mode separately. By default, the other modes are set to Show-All, but that is easily changed using the Show menu.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: