Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
gasolin
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:14 pm   

Room description

Hi

I play on Aardwolf and there is a few room with no description.

This is a normal room:
Code:
The AardRok Cafe (G)
  You are standing inside the small bakery.  A sweet scent of Danish and
fine bread fills the room.  The bread and Danish are arranged in fine order
on the shelves, and seem to be of the finest quality.
A small sign is on the counter.
A large arrow points WEST.

[Exits: south west]
Keebler the Baker looks at you calmly, wiping flour from his face.
<307/307> <346/346> <507/507> <1302> <>

And here is one with no description:
Code:
Path to Hammerheim Mountain

[Exits: north]
<307/307> <346/346> <499/507> <1302> <>

I have my mapper set up ok and all is fine except when I try to map a room with no room description, so I was hoping that there is a way to map the rooms with no description.

I think I have seen the question before but I have search and search with no look.

Gasolin
Denamrk
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:09 am   

In the mapper configuration there is a pleace for you to put the exit trigger line

in the mapper-edit-map properties-room exits-exit line key words.

yours would be [Exits:

you could always try to force the mapper to work with a macro or trigger and use #makeroom
gasolin
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:51 am   

I can use the #makeroom @lastdir, but it only makes a room with no name and no exit, even if i stand in the new room and type #look it still cant find the name or the exit, I know I can type name and exit by my self, like I do now, but I think there is a lot more rooms with no room description than I first thought, so it will take a long time to map all these room.

Isnt there a way to force the mapper to map the rooms without the description and still be able to map the room with desc.
gasolin
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:22 pm   

Isnt there a way to capture the name and exit so I can use the #makeroom @lastdir {@name} {@exit} or tell the mapper that its ok if there is a room without any room description.

I think I have try anything I can think of and I will be very sad if I had to map the hole mud without any room description.
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 3:19 am   

check out all related items with #makeroom like:
#DESCRIBE see if this works when you enter a room that did not get captured.

It is possible that it is a game glitch and might not be something that can be fixed. I tried to log in to see for myself and it said that no new players where alowed from my site.
Valdar
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:33 am   

I was the one who posted the original message you refered to (well i think its the same message you saw).. Any way, the way i fixed it was set the game to full brief mode so it will NEVER show room descs... the only down side is that you cant have zMUD refresh a room's setup using the 'look' thing since if you type look it will show the room desc and since zMUD is setup for no room desc it wont know what to do.... I have been working on a way to capture the room desc however...

Any way to turn brief mode on full i think you use "brief 2", then just reconfig the mapper for no room desc and you'll be fine... Here are the config settings i use on 6.62 (had to manually tweak them since auto config set the room name to paragraph 1 oddly enough...):

Room Name:
Name Paragraph - 2
Name Start Line - 0
No boxes checked

Exits:
Paragraph - 0
Line - 0
Exit Line Contains Key - Checked
Exit Line Keyword - [Exits:

Hope this helps :)
Valdar
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:33 am   

I was the one who posted the original message you refered to (well i think its the same message you saw).. Any way, the way i fixed it was set the game to full brief mode so it will NEVER show room descs... the only down side is that you cant have zMUD refresh a room's setup using the 'look' thing since if you type look it will show the room desc and since zMUD is setup for no room desc it wont know what to do.... I have been working on a way to capture the room desc however...

Any way to turn brief mode on full i think you use "brief 2", then just reconfig the mapper for no room desc and you'll be fine... Here are the config settings i use on 6.62 (had to manually tweak them since auto config set the room name to paragraph 1 oddly enough...):

Room Name:
Name Paragraph - 2
Name Start Line - 0
No boxes checked

Exits:
Paragraph - 0
Line - 0
Exit Line Contains Key - Checked
Exit Line Keyword - [Exits:

Hope this helps :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: