Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
galldron
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:34 am   

Missing Room Descriptions ( Fixed )

Has anyone had any problem with Dragonrealms missing room descriptions? Any clue how to fix them?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:52 pm   

I know that in Gemstone III you can remove the room descriptions via the 'set' of 'flag' verbs, another game from the same company
galldron
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 5:56 am   

Im a bit familiar with GS3 and DR has the same SET commands however I have tried changing all of the SET commands and still cant get it to function properly with one character. however with all other characters it seems to work fine and I get the full descriptions. Using the same settings.

I have even gone so far as to go to a friends computer install zmud with none of my settings and it still doesnt display properly.
Also tried deleting ALL settings and unloading zMud deleting every related file to zmud and I still cant get it to work
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:37 pm   

Observed Facts:
A. The problem exists on one character, but not on other characters using the same zMUD settings.
B. The problem exists on that character even using a different computer, with only the default zMUD settings.

Conclusions:
A. It's not something wrong with zMUD.
B. It's not something wrong with your settings.
C. It's something specific to that character.

Possibility:
If you have "Gag Password" selected in Prefs (default, and recommended, setting) zMUD will gag any line containing your password. If you used a common word as your password for that character, this may be the source of your problem. The preferred fix is to change the password, not the setting.
galldron
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 5:16 pm   

That was it THX Lightbulb
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: