Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
KingArtie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 10:06 pm   

Viewing logs with ANSI color

I've recently started logging on a mud I play, but when I try to view these logs on microsoft word or wordpad, I get a bunch of strange symbols. When I try to view it with the editor on zMUD, the color is fine, but it only gives me about 5000 lines of text, can anyone tell me how to fix this problem on the editor or suggest a word processor I can use to view my logs?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:37 am   

I don't believe Word or Wordpad (for that matter, any other competitive package) support ANSI. The two mentioned use the Rich Text Format coding, which looks a lot like some MUDs' color code syntax. If you want to go this route, search the boards for something about logging plugin. I know it involves HTML, but I don't recall what it does anymore (since I have no need for it).

To fix the ZMud editor problem, click the Preferences button and go to Memory preferences. On the resulting window/pane, you should see something regarding the edit window (that's the text editor in ZMud) next to a number--your 5000. You can increase this setting to 65000.
Death
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:30 am   

You could download Charbal's HTML Logger. That allows you to convert .txt LOG files with ANSI coding in it to .html files that show color. Then you can also start logging .html files with it straight with color.
Jah
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:07 am   

and you can find a copy of it at www.darkward.com at the bottom of the mud logs page :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: