Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Elariel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:46 pm   

Retry Failed Movements

In one area of the mud I play, sometimes when you are trying to move a direction, you get a message to the effect of "You are too scared to move that way!". What I would like to do is record the last direction I attempted to move, and retry that direction until it is successful.

In this area, it is possible to move all 8 cardinal directions. You can move by either typing the single char directions (n,s,e,w) or by typing the full name of the direction (north, south, etc).

Right now, I have accomplished this by creating an alias for all 8 dirs similar to this:

#AL {e} {#var move east,east}

to store the direction into the move variable and then actually move the direction I want to go.

Then I have a trigger:

#TRIGGER {^You are too scared to move that way!} {#SH %ansi( white, bold)TRIGGERED! --> GO!;@move}

to show me that the trigger fired and then attempt to move the same direction again.

Anyway, getting to my question...When using these triggers, I seem to have a bit of lag. Can anyone suggest a more efficient way of accomplishing this?

Secondly, would there be a way to speedwalk through this area? The "scared" messages appear randomly.

Thanks,

Elariel
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:14 pm   

Simple but quick solution:

#trigger {you are to scared to go that direction} {#send %lastdir()}

or

#trigger {you are to scared to go that direction} {#send %lastcom}

This should solve your problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: