Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Nass
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:57 am   

maps: index not found =|

Folks, what's the answer to retrieving maps that I can't open with an "error, index not found" alert box? The curious thing is that they open fine in zmapper. Even if I then make a backup, that backup won't open in zmud either =|

Anyone?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:35 pm   

quote:

Folks, what's the answer to retrieving maps that I can't open with an "error, index not found" alert box? The curious thing is that they open fine in zmapper. Even if I then make a backup, that backup won't open in zmud either =|

Anyone?

You need an upgrade, or at least try running the zsconvert utility (which might not do anything useful for you).

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
Charbal
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:10 pm   

AFAIK, Nass is running a very recent version of zMUD if not the latest. So I'm guessing that the maps he is referring to were created with the new zMUD database format... and thus wouldn't really be amenable to conversion with zsConvert.

So, in short, I don't believe upgrading will fix this. I'm not sure if the answer lies in an actual database index that is not present or in the values in VersTbl (which form an index of sorts, at least telling which number should be filled next in each database). I'm suspecting the latter...

It might be possible to mess around with the table in Access... if it helps, one map I have (working under 6.62) has a VersTbl that looks like:

VersId	VersNum	IconID	MetaID	DrawID	KindID	FavID	ZoneID	ObjID	ExitKindID	NoteID	StyleID	ExitID	DirID

1 30 2 18 20 1 1 53 16685 3 16 1 43580 11

If none of that helps, I am fairly close to releasing a ZoneCopy utility which can copy zones from one map to another (and therefore get all the zones from the old map database which zMUD can't open and copy them to a new map database). I've just been quite busy recently.

- Charbal
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: