Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
SmokeyDaBear

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:50 am   

Can't run zMUD

I just downloaded the newest version of zMUD (6.62 I believe it is) and I simply upgraded from my older, registered version of the product. The installation ran smoothly, and everything was fine.

However, when I double click my zmud icon, I get the hourglass for a couple of seconds, and then nothing happens. No zMUD window opens, which I would expect otherwise.

Thank you very much for your response.
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:55 am   

Make sure that the LicCtrl service is running and not set to disabled. To check this, right-click on My Computer, select Manage, expand Services and Applications, click on Services and look for LicCtrl on the list to the right.

Kjata
SmokeyDaBear

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:26 am   

Thanks for the tip, and I did as you said (I think it was already started, as I didn't have that option, but I clicked restart instead).

However, this doesn't help my problem in the least. *Sigh* Your effort is appreciated.
Rich_Carroll

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:58 am   

I two just downloaded a new copy of 6.62 onto a fresh install of 98, zmud said I needed the jet 4.0, which I downloaded and ran smoothly. when I double click on zmud it freezes my whole pc, nothing works untill I ctr alt del it. is shows up on the bar but does not get past that. any thoughts?
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:08 pm   

What do you mean you didn't have the option? In the list of services, double click the LicCtrl service and make sure that in the Startup type combo box Automatic is selected.

Rich_Carroll, your problem is not the same as SmokeyDaBear's and you should have started a new thread. Anyway, you should try a clean reinstall of zMUD (backup any necessary files, unistall zMUD, delete zMUD's directory, reinstall zMUD, run to see if it works, if it works then you copy back your saved files).

Kjata
SmokeyDaBear

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:14 pm   

I'm sorry if I was unclear in my assessment. I meant that I didn't have the option of "starting" LicCtrl because it was already started. For example, under the status column, it says 'Started', and in the pop-up menu that appears when I right-click LicCtrl, my only ungrayed choices are: Stop, Restart, All Tasks, Refresh, Properties, and Help. When I click properties, it lists the startup type as being Automatic.

Does this mean that the problem comes from a different source, because the LicCtrl seems to be running smoothly.

Smokey

Edit: Added info about startup type.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 11:01 pm   

Did you install under an Administrator account? eLicense needs write priveleges to set itself up, else it can't run.

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
SmokeyDaBear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:19 am   

Yeah, I did install as Administrator.

I guess I'll just backup, uninstall, and then reinstall, and see if that helps.
SmokeyDaBear

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:56 pm   

quote:

I guess I'll just backup, uninstall, and then reinstall, and see if that helps.

I did just that, and now it works just dandy :) I'm glad, but I did this like twice before when I was trying to resolve the problem before starting this topic, and it hadn't worked then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: