Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
murx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:05 am   

~ the TILDE key as macro key

Hello.
I cannot seem to use the key below ESC key... the Tilde key correctly as a hotkey, macro... It work fine at first, but the next command or whatever i write to commandline appears the tilde mark before the text... for example:
my tilde key is: HIT MONSTER
and if the next command i write FLEE
i get ~FLEE... and i cannot escape from the fight with that.... Is this a fixable problem ? from windows or from Zmud...?
(my ZMud version is 6.1.6)

Any advice is appreaciated, thank You.
Best Regards,
Murx
DeathofOne
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:50 am   

Reply I would not use shift ` to get something personally. I try to use letter keys that I do not normally use. Q Z q z tend to be good ones but then again I am not a person for a macro key. Tend to not type that slow when I am awake (need to be awake to remember those hotkeys).

kill ??????? is not that long for me to type or something like ????? or charge ????? or ?????? 5.

do not write macros write triggers.

Not hard to write one that is if

#triger {^xxxx monster is here doing something or other.$} #cond {#if (@hp/@hpmax > 40%) {kill xxxx}

#triger {^xxxx is dead.$}
{look;
%case(%random(1,10),n,s,e,w,ne,se,nw,sw,u,d)}

There you can bot a bit with that. Might want to make it a bit more complicated so gms can not detect though. hehe. I say just add in something that adds where to sleep at, some skill to be used and maybe even can train skills. Also a say and tell triggers for if they really look at you. Can also add something to if you stop killing to know it and start again. Not that hard of stuff. Second time for me to use this program and have had a bot on for over 40hours before a GM even thought about me. By that time I was back on and said I was logging for some much needed sleep. I also added in there for the reboot and stuff like that but that is me.
murx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:34 am   

Hi and thanks for reply...
I am afraid that this writing a kill or charge some monster doesn't match my needs, sure i can write quite fast those kill commands, but its better to have a macro... i set target for example 2.*elf* and would like to just with one key... to hit @prefix.@target in which case would be 2.*elf*
that is needed to be in one macro because writing the whole way "hit 2.*elf*" won't get me anywhere in playerkilling, but my own grave... sure i can use lot of keys to do the job... but i would prefer TILDE because i have got use to it in my previous client...

br,
Murx
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:10 am   

Tilde is used as a special character. I believe you will have to reassign that before you can effectively use it as a macro key. You can make that adjustment under the menu item "View|Preferences|Special Characters".
murx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:17 am   

hello, no thats not it...
I tried but no effect...

when i target 1.slave ... hit is successful
but next commandline text like: 123
appears
¡123 - >the tilde character still exist :(
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:44 am   

I get no such problem in 6.62. Try upgrading.

Kjata
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: