Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
tacturnal
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:12 am   

FILE SIZE LIMIT on MUD FILES

is there any limit to the size a mud file can be in 5.55? mine is 145k, and when I add aliases, it doesn't keep them.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:00 pm   

There's always a limit, even if it's only available disk-space. It would appear you've found yours.

LightBulb
Advanced Member
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:40 pm   

If your *.MUD settings is 145k, then it's probably corrupted. I've never seen a clean MUD file that large before. Of course, using an old version like 5.55 is asking it to be corrupted since that happened very often in old versions. If you want good support here, you should run the newer version.

The other answer is that "No, there isn't any actual limit to the settings file in zMUD"

tacturnal
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:42 pm   

it's not corrupted.. I've watched it grow and grow as I've been writing this script.. I hope it's not corrupted anyway, I'l crap myself.. I guess I should export asc, then import, then clean up anything that doesn't look write.. those code is pretty large though
fattony
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:51 pm   

My current settings are about 580k, maybe more, and very clean. I rarely have any problems with them, but I keep current back-ups, just in case. Granted, I'm using 6.62, but it seems your program works better than you thought, Zugg! :)

Fat Tony
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: