Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Rivalyn
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 11:56 pm   

Zmud locking

Recently I've been having problems where basically the entire zmud system hangs after a little while, much like when you get a bad case of lag on the mud, but then it occasionally catches back up or never does. I've let it sit there once for a good 15 minutes and it never caught back up. The only thing I've changed recently is what loads on my startup so I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem or if there's something that's needed in startup that I may have stopped from loading.
Rivalyn
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 11:57 pm   

By the by, this was with 6.56beta but more importantly in 6.60 too. It's something that's just cropped up so I'm trying to figure out exactly what the problem is.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 1:59 am   

This sounds like what can happen when you have shoddy ethernet card drivers and are using WinXP. If that could describe your system please check for updated drivers and then comment further if the problem persists.
Rivalyn
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 3:34 am   

Updated, but still happening, I'm wondering if it isn't something with the actual cable modem. I'd had problems with it having slight hiccups and losing connection before, if it had such a disconnection, think the entire zmud would stop and not continue?
Anzerion
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 6:35 am   

I am having a similar problem... this is just new in this recent update (6.61) -- it NEVER occured before this version (in 6.4.) What is happening is, I'm playing normally (Medievia), and suddenly the lines stop and the scroll-bar (on the right) starts getting backed up and up and I have to scroll back down to get the current text. It's almost as if the screen is "freezing" itself in place at random points... very annoying.
Kurt_DH
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 10:50 pm   

I'm having the same exact problem. It's a scrolling problem. Look at my thread about "Problem"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: