Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
JerleMin
Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 6:15 am   

Problems with speedwalking(Imperian)

Greetings, I've mapped out a decent sized area on the MUD. I'm trying to get speedwalk working, and here's what I've setup. For the most part it works, however I'll occasionally hit a room and nothing happens.

Tag Trigger 1: %e[33m(*). -> #tag name %1
Tag Trigger 2: H:(*) M:(*)45 <(*)> %e[33m(*). -> #tag name %4

#2 is required because sometimes the prompt seems to leak over onto the roomnames. These triggers are working, as far as I can tell. All rooms are uniform in name format (i.e. "A beautiful room"). I have my speedwalking set to slowwalk, with the following trigger:

Too-Fast Trigger: You cannot move that fast, slow down! -> #wa 500;#step

Sometimes when I try and walk I hit a room and I'll stop there.. It'll abort. Yet I can try speedwalking another path that goes over that room and it'll work the next time. It seems to appear randomly, and I'm quite stumped.

Ideas?

Jerle Minara,
zMUD 6.56 beta
Win 2k Advanced Server
JerleMin
Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 8:16 am   

Three additions:
1) Find doesn't seem to be working. Is this a bug with 6.56 or something else?
2) Is there a way to get zMUD to add a space to the end of every room name? currently I have the code

#var tempname %concat( %1, " ")
#tag name @tempname

But it's being grouchy and refusing to add that space at the end. Any way to work around this apparent limitation?

3) Is there a way to move a large number of rooms to a lower level? I started mapping on level 0, when in actuality I was in an area that was below level 0.. I'd rather not remap the entire thing *grin*.

Thanks a ton!

Jerle Minara,
zMUD 6.56 Beta
Win 2k Advanced Server
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 4:27 pm   

Delimeters are your friends. When using %1..%99 you should enclose them in quotes or braces, and when using a variable with a command it often necessary to use braces. So you should change the trigger commands to:
#var tempname %concat( "%1", " ")
#tag name {@tempname}
JerleMin
Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 9:03 pm   

quote:

Delimeters are your friends. When using %1..%99 you should enclose them in quotes or braces, and when using a variable with a command it often necessary to use braces. So you should change the trigger commands to:
#tag name {@tempname}

Tried that, uppity spaces still won't add on to the back. It appears, just by tossing in some debugging code, that the concat is adding two spaces instead of one.

#tag name {@tempname}
#echo @tempname

Will show me only "The thinning path of Sequoia Avenue."

whereas

#tag name {@tempname}
#echo @tempname

Will give me "The thinning path of Sequoia Avenue. ". Now the trigger for locating the room name will automatically grab the space(current trigger is %e[33m(*)%e[0m) but the space isn't showing/saving when I use the first chunk of code. Also one other method I used was "#echo {%1}" and I still got no space. Is zMUD not picking up on the space in any way? If so is there a way around it

I've narrowed down the speedwalking problems. It has something to do with follow mode not caring for the format too much. It works as long as it's left in mapping mode. Curious, no?

Jerle Minara,
zMUD 6.56 Beta
Win 2k Advanced Server
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: