Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
nazradin
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 4:17 am   

%i script question

currently i am using

#ALIAS spellup {prep 911;cast;#ALARM +4 {prep 911;cast;#ALARM +4 {prep 401;cast;#ALARM +4 {prep 406;cast;#ALARM +4 {prep 419;cast;#ALARM +4 {prep 503;cast;#ALARM +4 {prep 507;cast;#ALARM +4 {prep 507;cast;#ALARM +4 {prep 507;cast;#ALARM +4 {prep 508;cast;#ALARM +4 {prep 508;cast;#ALARM +4 {prep 509;cast;#ALARM +4 {prep 509;cast;#ALARM +4 {prep 513;cast;#ALARM +4 {prep 513;cast;#ALARM +4 {prep 905;cast;#ALARM +4 {prep 905;cast;#ALARM +4 {prep 905;cast;#ALARM +4 {prep 913;cast;#ALARM +4 {prep 919;cast;#ALARM +4 {prep 919;cast}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

as my spellup script, i am trying to change it to a more compact and versatile script using %i

#CLASS {Gemstone|Spells|Spellup}
#ALIAS spellrefresher {#FORALL @spellrefresh {
#VAR commands {%additem( prep @%i, @commands)}
#VAR commands {%additem( cast, @commands)}
}}
#VAR spellrefresh {401|406|414|503}
#TRIGGER {Cast Roundtime (%d) Seconds.} {#ALARM +%1 {#IF (@commands) {
#SEND %item( @commands, 1)
#DELNITEM commands 1
#IF (@commands) {
#SEND %item( @commands, 1)
#DELNITEM commands 1
}
}}}
#CLASS 0

but this just loops and the first varaible and does not move to next, i have to exit to stop.

question
a: can anyone see what is wrong
b: is there a way to stop or pause a script while it is running?

Nazradin
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:45 am   

Instead of looking for what's wrong, just do something simpler.
#AL spellup {#VAR spellup {911|911|401|406|419};#T+ Spellrefresher}
#CLASS Spellrefresher disable
#ALA *4 {#IF (%numitems( @spellup)) {prep %item( @spellup, 1);cast %item( @spellup, 1);#DELN spellup 1} {#T- Spellrefresher}}
#CLASS 0

LightBulb
Advanced Member
nazradin
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:15 pm   

quote:

Instead of looking for what's wrong, just do something simpler.
#AL spellup {#VAR spellup {911|911|401|406|419};#T+ Spellrefresher}
#CLASS Spellrefresher disable
#ALA *4 {#IF (%numitems( @spellup)) {prep %item( @spellup, 1);cast %item( @spellup, 1);#DELN spellup 1} {#T- Spellrefresher}}
#CLASS 0

LightBulb
Advanced Member

thats great thanks lightbulb, it also works as a way of converting my current travel scripts

#CLASS {travel}
#ALIAS movement {#VAR movement {w|w|w|n|w|n|n|n|n|n|n|e|n|go gate|nw|nw|go bridge|nw};#T+ traveldisable}
#CLASS 0

#CLASS {travel|traveldisable}
#ALARM {*2} {#IF (%numitems( @movement)) {%item( @movement, 1);#DELN movement 1} {#T- traveldisable}}
#CLASS 0

question (and i know this may be very basic)is there a way to change easily variable strings so that i can use then use the alias to run different scripts or do i need to make multiple class folders and turn them on/off as needed with multiple versions of the same named variable (although i could see that as problematic

cheers Nazardin
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:52 pm   

If you're using aliases similar to my example, which create the variable as part of the script, you can certainly use the same variable/class/alarm for all of them. Just be sure to let each one finish before doing the next. You might want to include an informational command (#SAY, #MESS, etc) when you reach the end to help you avoid overwriting the variable early.

LightBulb
Advanced Member
nazradin
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:08 pm   

quote:

If you're using aliases similar to my example, which create the variable as part of the script, you can certainly use the same variable/class/alarm for all of them. Just be sure to let each one finish before doing the next. You might want to include an informational command (#SAY, #MESS, etc) when you reach the end to help you avoid overwriting the variable early.

LightBulb
Advanced Member

thanks again lighbulb now have a way to convert all my travel scripts, can't make it pause to wait on things like a ferry arriving(well i could by having a trigger that turns the script class off if ferrry etc isnt in room i guess but that seems a bit much work) so an just break them down into pieces a bit more.

#CLASS {travel}
#ALIAS orchard_val {movement = {cli wall|se|s|s|go path|e|n|ne|e|e|ne|go trail|se|go bridge|se|se|go Gate|s|w|s|s|s|s|s|s|e|s|e|e|e}}
#ALIAS val_orchard {movement = {w|w|w|n|w|n|n|n|n|n|n|e|n|go gate|nw|nw|go bridge|nw|go trail|sw|w|w|sw|sw|go path|n|n|nw|climb north wall}}
#BUTTON 52 {orchard_val} {orchard_val} {} {} {} {} {} {Size} {100} {17} {Pos} {1} {600} {} {} {} {} "" {} {} {} {3}
#BUTTON 53 {val_orchard} {val_orchard} {} {} {} {} {} {Size} {100} {17} {Pos} {1} {700} {} {} {} {} "" {} {} {} {3}
#CLASS 0

#CLASS {travel|traveldisable}
#ALARM {*1} {#IF (%numitems( @movement) AND (@rt = 0)) {%item( @movement, 1);#DELN movement 1}}
#CLASS 0

thanks Nazardin
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: