Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Rieper
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 4:29 pm   

[6.55a] Automapping locked doors

I'm automating the mapping process as much as I can and one thorn in my side is locked doors. I can manually set a door as locked, but how would I do this automatically?
Also, can I get zmud to add new zones automatically? I can get it to change zones when the mud outputs a different zone name, but aside from storing zone names in a list, I haven't figured out how to get zmud to realize the zone doesn't exist and create it.
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:56 pm   

Help files!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NODIR

#TRIGGER {^You can't go that direction} {#NODIR}
#TRIGGER {(%w) is closed} {#DOOR %lastdir() %1;#NODIR}

Both of these examples get the mapper back in synch be removing the last direction moved to prevent a room from being created in that direction. The second example is more complex and actually creates a door in the given direction before removing the command from the stack.

use the help file that comes with zmud,click help click index click find type a word see what you get....

megamog75
Keeper of the only printable help files for Zmud.
Rieper
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:22 pm   

Were you dropped on your head as a baby or was this startling example of stupidity a recent onset?
Read the deleted post, dumbass, or don't deleted reply.

Edited by Kjata since the offensive words were still visible if you knew how.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:06 am   

Creating new zones does not have a real script solution, neither does setting the locked state of a door. I know doors can be done if you have the zMapper plugin, and I think it provides a script solution for creating zones.

Although as Zugg said many times there is nothing zMud can't do. So a few ideas... For creating zones would be to use the #MENU command to bring up the New Zone dialog, with a priorly made short duration #ALARM that makes use of the VBScript method SendKeys. Use the COM system to directly query the map database, find the door and set it to locked; zMud's normal database commits may overwrite this. I am happy to just set the door locked manually because I rememeber the door and where to find the key a little better that way. I am also happy to create zones manually because then I remember where I put those 200 rooms that were not fitting in my map.
Rieper
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:01 am   

That's a bit more complex scripting than I wanted, though a clever solution. What I decided to do was to create the zone ahead of time and change the %roomzone() as needed. Not perfect, but it's a start. At worst, I wander into a new zone and nothing happens.
I was hoping there was an as yet undocumented way to use %roomlink() or simular for the locked door problem. Maybe we can get Zugg to add it to the future feature list.
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:23 pm   

there is probably yet one more solution but since you brain can only understand how to use foul language I doubt you will understand.

try reading #TAG if you figure how to use help that is....

megamog75
Keeper of the only printable help files for Zmud.
Rieper
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:39 pm   

I suppose I should apologize for the language. Not on your behalf, megamog, but for the others who post and read here.
You see, I had just spent the previous week dealing with incredibly stupid people who, when asked a question, will give a response that not only doesn't answer my question but seems to suggest that my ignorance in the matter is somehow my fault.
Add to that the fact that I've told you not to reply to my posts in the past, for this very reason. That I lost my temper as a result should be unsurprising. It is interesting, however, that you paid more attention to my swearing than to my question. With that in mind, the next time you feel like responding with such a wildly out of context answer, just cram it up your deleted instead.

Edited by Vijilante 4/8/03@6:05pm

Edited by - Vijilante on 04/08/2003 17:19:24
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:30 pm   

People, you can both stop right now. This forum is a place for constructive development of zMud script, general help on usage, and a place where users can suggest improvements to client they love so well.

There is no place in this forum for this kind of behavior. If you wish to continue bashing and ranting at each other please do so in e-mail where none of us have to read it.

If you can not follow the above warning, I will gleefully delete any future posts I see from you.

Rieper, everyone blows thier top occasionally. You have plenty of time prior to hitting the post button to calm down though. I request you use that time in the future to walk around your room, get a glass of your favorite beverage, etc.

Megamog, since Rieper was big enough to apologize publicly, please make your own apology. I am locking this topic so just do it in an e-mail, if at all.

Good day gentlemen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: