Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Ironfist_777

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 6:10 pm   

Spell up trigger

Ok, I play a game called Edge of Creation. And I am very new at triggers and such but I was wanting a macro possibly tied to a trigger so when I hit the button, it will cast all of my spells on myself that I have and if the spell doesn't take, (All spells miss once in a while) to cast it again until the spell works. Is there a way to do that? I would really appreciate it.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:20 pm   

What your asking for is a very complex script. There have been many examples that may be close to your muds output posted both in the general discussion and finished scripts forums. I would suggest you look through them or use the search feature to find them.
kacp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:07 am   

Well, I will share an example of how I have one button spell up.

First, a bit of background. In my status line I have variables which represent all my spells. STArmor for armor, STSanc for sanc, and so on and so forth. When a spell, say armor is cast, a trigger is fired on the spell up message, which sets the variable vaule from Armor to a space, thus clearing it off my status line. Once the spell runs out, another trigger fires which changes the space to Armor. In zMUD terms...

#tri {You feel someone protecting you} {#var STArmor " "}
#tri {You no longer feel protected} {#var STArmor "Armor"}

Repeat that process with all your various spell up and spell down messages. Then the variables are set into the status line.

#ST {@STArmor @STSpell2 @STSpell3}

Now that that's set up, for a spell up button, I just have a series of #if statements which if true, cast the matching spell.

#if (@STArmor="Armor") {c armor}
#if (@STSpell2="Spell2") {c spell2}

There you go, it works for me. The only thing missing from your requirements is a recast on a failed spell. Since I spam all my spells to 100% before starting fights and such (I'm scary like that) it's not a problem for me.

I hope this helps you, or at least gets you in the right direction. And if not, the at least I hope I'm not blowing smoke and doing things wrong. *grin*

-PsychoPez
technomage
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:21 pm   

check this post
this script casts all spells, it will recast in case it fails, nad if it wears off it will add to list of spells to cast so you can recast worned off spells with one alias(you can make abotton for this)
it has some weakens but this is the best i have found
hatespyware
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:42 am   

quote:

check this post
this script casts all spells, it will recast in case it fails, nad if it wears off it will add to list of spells to cast so you can recast worned off spells with one alias(you can make abotton for this)
it has some weakens but this is the best i have found

Did you forget to post a link?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: