Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Setepth
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:13 am   

Weird idea but i need it to work

Okay, i'm having trouble finding the right way to have this work. Actually there are 2 things im needing help with. Let me go ahead and just explain them now.

In the game, my new character is a mage. In order to cast a spell they have to "Envisage (Spell here)". You are then able to cast that spell ONCE when you receive the message "You regain your balance." I'm trying to code an automatic process with it, an alias or trigger. But i don't want it to react to "You regain your balance." since many of the actions you do in the game cause that and dont want it saying cast each time. How do i do that!

Okay, second case. I made some roleplaying autoscripts for when my character does woodchopping. Right now i have it to react with a random emote i've set up when it reacts to Chop!

(the coding is set as: #trigger {Chop!} {ShowTreeWork}) where as ShowTreeWork is the alias for a random emote. Only problem is, it pretty much spams my screen after awhile since its not long inbetween each of the times. How do I a) have it react with chop! after X amount of times instead of everytime or B) have only that script not show its command outs? (For example, when it reacts with chop! it puts on the screen emote looks at the tree inquisitively. I don't mind seeing the actual response of the game to that command, but i dont want to see the command.) hoping that was comprehensible. Anyways, if you can help me with that, i'd be pretty damn grateful.

Thanks!

Hey meet my character:
Nurmek Leptin, Shaman of the Orcs.

At
telnet: elysium-rpg.com port:7777
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 5:38 am   

1)
#ALIAS Envisage {#VAR EnvisagedSpell {%-1};~Envisage @EnvisagedSpell;#TEMP AutoBalanceCommand {You regain your balance.} {cast_or_what_ever_you_do @EnvisagedSpell}}

Idea being that you spawn a temporary trigger, called AutoBalanceCommand, which will cast the spell you envisaged. If you use this auto do something concept, you can spawn elsewhere a temporary trigger called AutoBalanceCommand so you overwrite it. This way only one thing gets set up to be done automatically.

2)
#TRIGGER ChopEmoteTrig {Chop!} {ShowTreeWork;#T- ChopEmoteTrig;#ALARM %random(10,30) {#T+ ChopEmoteTrig}}

Idea being that you can turn off and on triggers with Id's. This trigger with id ChopEmoteTrig gets turned off (#T-) then randomly in 10 to 30 seconds turned back on.

Ton Diening
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: