Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Nazz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 7:22 am   

Downgrading from 6.53 to 6.16

Hi I d/loaded v6.53 and found that the mapper moved around too slowly as compared to v6.16 for my liking. Have tried configuring to ignore reading room names and such still no effect.

Used to be in v6.16 when I moved my mapper would move accordingly to my keystroke...but with v6.53 it just goes to the final destination of my keystroke. I dont actually see my movement in every single room except for the final room.

So I'm deciding to downgrade.....is there any possibility of getting back my maps as v6.16 since they were already converted to v6.53 when I upgraded?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 8:03 am   

quote:

Hi I d/loaded v6.53 and found that the mapper moved around too slowly as compared to v6.16 for my liking. Have tried configuring to ignore reading room names and such still no effect.

Used to be in v6.16 when I moved my mapper would move accordingly to my keystroke...but with v6.53 it just goes to the final destination of my keystroke. I dont actually see my movement in every single room except for the final room.

So I'm deciding to downgrade.....is there any possibility of getting back my maps as v6.16 since they were already converted to v6.53 when I upgraded?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.

Did you make backups? If not, then you just SOL. There's no way to revert user files to an older format.

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:58 am   

By the way, the next public version from 6.16 is 6.40, not 6.53. 6.53 is still beta and may have bugs that may cause the slowness you describe.

Kjata
Charbal
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 9:45 pm   

While MattLofton is correct in asserting that zMUD's .MUD settings files are never guaranteed to be backwards compatible (and often aren't due to inclusion of new features), the best way to move the settings back to 6.16 or 6.40 is to export them from 6.53 to a settings format which the version you are moving to understands. A text file is the best bet for this. In 6.53, go to Settings, Export... and export everything to some file. In the target version, do Settings, Import, Script (ASCII)...

Essentially, this is a modification of one of the tips in the [url=""]Migration Guide[/url] for dealing with corrupted settings files.

- Charbal
Nazz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:37 am   

Thanx for the prompt reply guys. Seems that I managed to transfer and use the .bak files from my maps to zmud v6.16 with maybe losing only a few rooms in my maps.

Once again thanx to all og you for helping me out. And Charbal....cya in WOTMUD
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: