Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Jekar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:40 pm   

Script Help

The script im wanting to make is probably pretty simple, but Im new at this and cant figure it out. Here's what I have, and am wanting to do:

In dragonrealms theres a blind beggar, that I want script stealing from. It use to be easy, cause he wouldnt shout for guards, but now if he catches you, he tells you to "git before the heat shows up" if you stay in the same room (or dont hide) within about 15 seconds he will shout for guards and report you for stealing. If you leave the room (or hide) he doesnt report. Now Ive got it so I can follow him as he moves, steal from him, then stand and hide within the 15 secs, but the problem is that some other mobs have really high perception and when trying to hide you get the message "<mob> notices your dismal attempt to hide! What I really need to know is how to make the triggers check for certain types of mobs in the room before actually stealing. (ie Town Guard) If a listed mob is there then no stealing, but if no listed mobs are present, then steal away.

This is what I have so far:
#trigger The blind beggar creaks to his feet and hobbles (%W)
wait 10000
%1
wait 3000
hide

#trigger Why, I hopes no one's here ta steal me spot. *something the beggar says*
wait 3000
steal beggar
wait 10000 *RT*
Stand
Hide
wait 10000 *RT*

What Im wanting to do is before the steal, check for: You also see a town guard
and: You also see a Monk if they are there, no steal, if not steal away. Oh and I would also like to be able to ad to the list if possable

Thanx for the help
Jekar.
Anabasis
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:34 pm   

Well for the triggers...

#trigger {^The blind beggar creaks to his feet and hobbles (%w)} {#wa 10000;(%1);#wa 3000;hide}

#trigger {Why, I hopes no one's here ta steal me spot.} {#wa 3000;steal beggar;#wa 10000;Stand;Hide;#wa 10000}

For the monk, you could collect all the triggers into a single class folder, then have another trigger that temporarily shut off the class while in that room. A similar set up could work for the town guard.

Ana
Jekar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:21 pm   

Thanks anna

but I had the triggers working fine, its just that I dont know how to do the class thing for turning off these triggers when guard and monk and wotnot are there?

Oh yeah the wouldnt work the way I had them written, hehe. But they are working in the zmud triggers menu. so its just the on/off thing for the guards Im not sure how to do?
Emit
Magician

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:13 pm   

put your triggers for stealing in a class named "steal" then make these triggers:

#tr {pattern for begin of a room} {#t+ steal}
#tr {You also see a town guard} {#t- steal}
#tr {You also see a Monk} {#t- steal}

and you might want to add triggers for when a town guard or a monk walks into a room, make the command same as for if you see them in a room {#t- steal}

--------

moon.icebound.net:9000
Anabasis
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:33 pm   

Emit has the right of it, but you'll find that this will not work. Not through anything wrong with Emit's solution, but just through the way stealing from the beggar works and DR in general. If you put the 'follow the beggar' trigger in there, you'd have to restart the whole thing everytime one of your warning triggers fired.

I'd seperate the 'follow' trigger into two different triggers. One that followed, and a second one that does the rest of the actions. Keep the first one out of the steal folder (so you'll keep following the beggar, even if you're not stealing), and figure out a method to turn the folder back on once you've moved, or build it right into the new follow trigger.

In addition, I'd add another trigger that would turn the class back on when the guard left the room, since he is mobile, where the monk isn't.

Ana
Jekar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 1:40 pm   

Its working great. thanks for the help

Jekar
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: