Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Ian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:15 am   

Automation using a path

Hello. I've made a script to run on a path and after 30 seconds of no activity (IE, no rats come out from hiding), I move to the next room using the tick timer. Also, whenever someone is in the room, I have a trigger #TRIGGER {is here} {tickk}, where the alias is #ALIAS {#say TICK IN 5 SECONDS.}. Zuggsoft told me in an email that the path settings have a timer in it. Is it possible to reset the slowwalking miliseconds to 0?
Ian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:15 am   

A little bit more info:
This is what my script does:
It moves along a 100+ room path using the tick timer (#TR {^TICK IN 5 SECONDS.$} {#step;#pause; [resets a few variables]}). Whenever I move into a room and someone is in it, I move to the next room on the path (#TR {is here} {#say TICK IN 5 SECONDS.;#TZ}). Whenever a rat comes out of hiding, I will attack it and reset the timer, so I may or may not stay longer than 30 seconds in one room.

How I want to optimize the script:
I want to use the built-in slowpath timer to move, but I don't know how to reset the timer to 0, or 35000, depending on what it counts from (whether it counts down from the number you set or if it counts up from 0 to the number).

If anyone could help me, I'd be much obliged.
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:22 pm   

You can't reset the slow walk timer (that I know of), so keep using your method.

Kjata
Amylon
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:20 am   

Beware the Sarapis

--------------------
#trigger {(*) tells you, '} {tell %1 NO}
--------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: