Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
JDVyska
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:45 pm   

List Index Out of Bounds

I'm trying to migrate from 6.16 to 6.40. I first went ahead and imported my settings - no major issues noticed. I then imported my map zones. All of my link bends were ravaged, and I was having a hard time fixing them, but not critical. I puttered around in my mud for a bit testing some triggers and mapping config, all mostly OK.

However, when it came time to handle the database upgrades, things went south and fast. I first tried letting zMud do it's thing and loaded the 6.16 database, letting it do it's conversion. All seemed well at first look at the list view. As soon as I tried to switch to record view, I got a "List Index Out Of Bounds. (0)" dialog.

So I fired up 6.16 and exported my data to text. I then created a new database using the equipment template. When I went to go define new fields, as soon as I pressed the "Fields" button, I got the error again.

However, when I tried to restart zMud, I couldn't quit out of the program, it just kept hitting me with the error. I tried to close my map, same story. Almost everything that the mud was sending in that time was causing a trigger to fire off the error as well.

When I use another character to create a database and work with it, I don't seem to get the same problems. Is this the sign of a fried settings or layout file?

Jeremy

System Stats:
Windows XP
Proc 1.4 Ghz
Mem 512MB
Internet cable (usually 140-300 kbps)
No NIC issues with older versions.
Newest BIOS and drivers for all hardware.
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 9:30 pm   

Did you install zMUD 6.40 in a separate directory, or over 6.16? Seems like the former is true, but I need to make sure.

You might also try not using a template when creating the new database to import the old one.

Kjata
JDVyska
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:06 pm   

I installed 6.40 into an empty directory. As soon as I deleted the databases that I tried to use, the errors went away...

I will continue to tinker.

Jeremy
Krago
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:15 am   

quote:

I installed 6.40 into an empty directory. As soon as I deleted the databases that I tried to use, the errors went away...

I will continue to tinker.

Jeremy

I just went through this and here is what worked for me:
1) upgraded MDAC, (my w98s version 2.5something)
2) re-converted all the databases with the utility provided, (zsconvert.exe in zmud dir)
3)Moved all databases out of the DB directory
4) started Zmud, (all is well!)
5) opened the database from saved location, (only have an equip one), and saved it to zmud DB dir.
+++++ DB works, zmud now loads w/no problems all is well+++
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: