Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Sir Runsalot
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 10:06 am   

Some issues with the mapper

First, it would be nice if rooms could be labled zone specific. For example, if I in zone "badlands" have a "bank" label, and also in zone "city" have a "bank" label at a room, it would understand that if I do #walk bank in "badlands", it would go to that bank.

Second, I seem to notice a problem with non-standard exits connected to standard exits. For example, I have a room with an exit "e" into a building. The exit from that room back is "out". So, I don't have an east-west connection, but an east-out connection. If I change the west to command "out", it sends "out" to the mud regardless what room I am in . I.e , it sends out when it should send east to go into the building.
Castaway
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 10:28 am   

Which version of zMUD are you referring to?

Your first problem is fixed in the newest beta versions, which will hopefully be going public soon.

To the second: Are you sure you are changing the command of the correct room? In the exits part of the properties box, the exits for both rooms of a link are shown. I dont have any problems with standard exits connected to non-standard exits..

Lady C.

(Hmm, is there such a thing as an anti-sig? I need a pre-text which says 'which zMUD version?' ;)
Sir Runsalot
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:34 pm   

Sorry 'bout that. *grin*

I am using 6.37a.
And I will look into the non-standard exits more...
I also get a whole bunch of weird behaviour with "Illegal Variant conversion" with the mapper... hope that will be resolved as well
Castaway
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 7:10 pm   

In that case I need another 'anti-sig' which says :
"Questions to BETA versions belong in the BETA Forum"

(And you'll find the 'Invariant' stuff has been discussed there)

Lady C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: