Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
rayita
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 11:54 am   

Complex exit in a map

Anybody knows how can a get that complex exits of a room, work correctly with mapper?

Example, an exit that you net to make firt "pull lever" and then, when the trap it's open "enter trap" for example.
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:09 pm   

Did a quick search on other exits:

Vijilante provides script support for 1 non standard room

Zugg gives a pointer on manual creation of odd exits
beta version issue

Sorry, this inet box has no zMud for testing!

Ton Diening
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:16 pm   

The shortest method to handle such exits is to use a room script.

However it is likely that you have so many such exits across your mud that you don't want to waste time taking the shortest route for 1 or 2 exits. I am guessing you should go all out right from the start.

The correct way to do that is to change the door command in the mapper configuration to an alias you create. My alias was DoorCheck so is set the command to "DoorCheck %1".

Then in the room script for such rooms you add variables that declare what has to be done for the exit. An example of mine is "#VAR n {C:pull lever||I}"

The DoorCheck alias is automatically invoked when the exit is set to be a door, and it can look at that variable and determine that the exit is invisible, and it needs to send the command "pull lever" before stepping through.

Another example of something like your "enter trap". #VAR e {S|C:enter trap|I}
That indicates that the exit is invisible, has to be searched for, and then the command "enter trap" has to be substituted for the east direction.

The more complex system is worth the effort, at least until the next public version when you can create exits with special commands built right into them if you have zMapper as well.
rayita
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:51 am   

Yes, a similar silution was my first try, it work in slowwalk mode but not in safe/fast mode because the room script is not charget till map fouse on room
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: