Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Tanin Oshkanae

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 8:09 am   

Help with a Time Delay

Ok...What I'm looking for is a way to have a time delay when I'm stunning and killing mobs..I have it to where i stun the mobs look and kill...but what I need is a time delay before the look trigger...that way i'm not trying to look and kill a mob 30times when...Because looking command is faster than the killing command and sometimes a mob gets attacked more than usual...So what I'm saying is i need a Time delay some how if possible..Oh and i'm using zmud 6.16
Thanks
Tanin
Thunderbuster
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:23 am   

Here is a sample of a script that I did that has a time delay in it. I am not sure if it helps but it did what I needed.

;**************RunItem - This is an Alias
vGold = 0
;
Value %2
; The Value command is used on the mud to value an item in the Tradeshop.
;
BVLocation= %3
;
#WHILE (@vGold = 0) {#NOOP}
; vGold is captured with the #trigger {We will pay you &%dvGold gold for each &%xvContainer}
; Here is where I do nothing. I am waiting for the #trigger up above to go off, when it does
; the value of vGold changes and thus the #While loop becomes FALSE and will no longer wait.
;
#MATH vRunItem @vGold*%1
; The number %1 represents the number of containers that will fit in a wagon

--- Hope it helps.
cingulli
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:09 pm   

If you post a question here, try give more information about your mud output and the triggers you have/need. Itll make more easier for people to understand what you need/want.

Anyway, use #alarm

#alarm +5 {save}

this command sends 'save' in the mud after 5 seconds.

You can use it in triggers like this:
#trigger {mob is stunned.} {#alarm +10 {look at mob}}

for examples, check:
http://www.zuggsoft.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8227&FORUM_ID=7&CAT_ID=1&Topic_Title=ARRR%21%21%21+help+with+alarms&Forum_Title=zMUD+General+Discussion
Thunderbuster
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 4:10 pm   

quote:

If you post a question here, try give more information about your mud output and the triggers you have/need. Itll make more easier for people to understand what you need/want.

Anyway, use #alarm

#alarm +5 {save}

this command sends 'save' in the mud after 5 seconds.

You can use it in triggers like this:
#trigger {mob is stunned.} {#alarm +10 {look at mob}}

I am not knocking alarms, but with alarm you still execute without satisfying the issue. Now grant it you can set the alarm for 10 sec, but who wants to wait 10 sec every single time. And what about lag? With alarm you can't compensate for lag.
cingulli
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 4:39 pm   

Well you can always change the number in #alarm, it can be +1 too.

BUT, I think you should state more clearly what you need. Its difficult to understand it from your first post. Put some text here from your MUD so we can see how you stun, look and kill your monsters.
Tanin Oshkanae

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 9:40 pm   

Ok... here is an example... Here i stun the mob. The antelope writhes in pain as you stun them with a slash to the knee! Then I look into the room.Waterhole
The water is a bit clearer here near the center of the waterhole. You
still can't see the bottom or whatever it is that is under you making all
those currents in the otherwise still water.
Exits: north east south west
The corpse of the vulture is lying here.
The corpse of the lioness is lying here.
The corpse of the zebra is lying here.
The antelope is lying here, stunned.
And what i want is lets say each one of those mobs was standing not stunneed so i enter and see this...A large ugly bird waddles around. That's one of the mobs just standing there...How can i get it to stun all the mobs....the look...and start killing first mob it sees stunned and have a time delay to wait before it looks or attacks the next mob?
Tanin
cingulli
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 2:15 pm   

So the purpose of the delays would be to make your char to wait until the other monster is killed and then start to kill the next one.

Does your mud have a death message like The antelope is dead.(or something similar) which comes always after you kill something?

A death message can be used in a trigger which sends look&kill commands to the mud. When you are killing a monster and it dies and the mud tells you that The antilope is dead, the trigger will detect it and send those commands to the mud.

#tr {The (*) is dead.} {look;kill next stunned monster}
Tanin Oshkanae

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:26 pm   

Ok...I understand that, but for some odd reason can't get it to kill the next mob in line.This is the death message: The gazelle is dead! R.I.P. After that the trigger looks and this is what I see.
To the Waterhole
The ground here is wet and muddy. You can see that a lot of straw had
been imbedded into the mud of the slope down to the waterhole. To the
north are some huts, and a corral to the south.
Exits: north south west
The corpse of the gazelle is lying here.
The wildebeest is lying here, stunned.
The elephant is lying here, stunned.

Now how do i get it to auto kill the next mob in line and so on...I thought I had it working but it would only kill the mobs with the same name as the one i just killed. And can't seem to figure out what to put in...I've tried kill %1, %2: Kill %w, kill %d and can't seem to get them to work...Maybe I'm just using the wrong deal.
Thanks for the help tho...Almost had it figured out.
Tanin
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:02 pm   

#TRIGGER "kstunned" {The (%w) is lying here, stunned.} {#VAR enemy %1;kill %1;#T- kstunned;#T+ deathmsg}
#TRIGGER "deathmsg" {The @enemy is dead.} {#T+ kstunned;look;#T- deathmsg}

This won't work for mobs that have more than one word in their names. You can change the pattern to match more than one word for the mob name if you want, but you would still have the problem of deciding which of those matched words is the correct keyword.

Kjata
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: