Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

kyanos

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 6:11 am   

Suggestion -- lock above/below rooms while moving

On a few occasions I've moved a number of rooms around on a map -- usually to make space to add more rooms. On those occasions, trying to re-match rooms that are linked between levels (such as staircases) so that they are once again over top of each other has been painful.

If there was an option to move corresponding rooms on other levels when I moved a room on the current level, that would make my day the next time I tried to do that. I guess it'd have to be limited to only rooms that were directly linked via up/down links and only if they were directly over top of one another to start, or else the whole map would be rearranging itself -- and I'm sure that'd be worse than it is now!

Just a thought...
Castaway
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 8:19 am   

Sounds like a good idea to me!

Lady C.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 6:30 pm   

Sounds like a nifty idea. I'm not sure how I'd do it yet, but I'll give it some thought.

Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 12:30 am   

Please make it optional when you do it. I tend to use level changes to hide errors in the builders spacing on my mud. Sometimes they just don't think about much beyond the current area and end up overlapping another area if a full realm map is made. So I move whole regions that are on 1 level to another spot and then it is all hidden.
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:54 pm   

The perfect way would be the ability to select easily in 3d... hehe bring on the isometric view! :)

*dreams some more*
-- Rainchild
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: