Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Ash
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:05 am   

..Troubles..

Was wondering how to make an alias lets say RL (whomever), be able to insert a name into a variable lets say rescuelist, without deleting its current ocupents. Im basically trying to be able to add a person to my rescuelist by typing RL *PERSONSNAME*

Another problem im having is how can I add variable numbers together to get one single number. Im trying to set up my status window to show how many potions I have. The problem is I have 3 diff potion variables each containing the amount of each potion I have.
@potion1 = 2
@potion2 = 0
@potion3 = 4
and so on. Everytime I take a potion out using an alias it updates the list for that paticular potion. How would I make it so in the status window it'll show the total of all the potion variables and keep it updating each time you take/add one.

-Ash
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:22 pm   

Problem #1:
#ALIAS RL {#VAR rescuelist %additem("%1", @rescuelist)}

Problem #2:
%eval(@potion1 + @potion2 + @potion3)

Kjata
Ash
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 10:43 pm   

Nice, they both work great. For the potion one, would there be a way to make it so when it gets down to 1 each it would display the number in RED, and maybe 2,3,4 would be WHITE and 5+would be GREEN. If not thats cool.

And for the rescuelist, if I wanted to make an alias rd, for delete a member, how would I do that. Im also trying to make it so I showlist, and it'll bring up all the people on it..

Thanks for all the help.
-Ash
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 10:59 pm   

The remove list alias is just like the other one, but with %delitem:
#ALIAS DL {#VAR rescuelist %additem("%1", @rescuelist)}

As for showing the list, this should work:
#SHOW %expandlist(@rescuelist,", ")

You may also put this in an alias too.

Finally, to color the display of potions, you may do this:
%if(%eval(@potion1 + @potion2 + @potion3) < 2, %ansi(red), %if(%eval(@potion1 + @potion2 + @potion3) > 4, %ansi(green), %ansi(white))) %eval(@potion1 + @potion2 + @potion3)

Kjata
Ash
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 3:45 am   

Sweet, thanks for the help. One more quick question I multi play so I got two screens open, Ive tryed to get my other chars potions to show in the status window as well, but the :GWEN:, thats the screens id name, dont see to work when trying to eval gwens potions like I did for myself. Is there a way to do this. Thanks

-Ash
Ash
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 5:07 am   

Oh and I got another if you could, I just realized that you can have color on the status line. On my status line I use it to display a prompt of my other chars hp and movement points. As these drop and raise they change colors. Im not sure but would I have to create a series of triggers? What I do right now is keep his Hp in a variable named GwenHp and movement in a variable named GwenMOV.

Heres a list of the hp and movement status with the colors they change to and from.

"critical",(high,red)
"grievous",(high,red)
"severe",(high,yellow)
"ser.wnds",(high,yellow)
"gashes",(high,white)
"lt.wnds",(high,white)
"bruises",(high,white)
"rel.uninj", (high,blue)
"good", (high,green)
"prime" (high,green)

The moves dont change colors so I could keep them grey. I've already ask alot of you so I dont really expect a reply, but any help would be cool. Thanks though

-ash
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 1:22 pm   

Here is how to get a variable from another window (although it is a bit ugly):
:otherWindow:#EXEC %concat("yourWindow:#sh ",@varName)

On the second reply, I'm sorry but I don't understand what you want to do.

Kjata
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 4:36 pm   

Note that these %if's are not nested. The spacing is exactly as I intend it. You can do the moves similarly.
%if( %ismember( @GwenHp, "critical|grievous"), %ansi(high,red)@GwenHp)%if( %ismember( @GwenHp, "severe|ser.wnds"), %ansi(high,yellow)@GwenHp)%if( %ismember( @GwenHp, "gashes|lt.wnds|bruises"), %ansi(high,white)@GwenHp)%if( %ismember(@GwenHp, "rel.uninj"), %ansi(high,blue)@GwenHp)%if( %ismember( @GwenHp, "good|prime"), %ansi(high,green)@GwenHp)

LightBulb
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: