Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
nutsnbolts
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:25 pm   

BUTTON CONTROL

I dont know how else to go about this but here is the situation. I use buttons extensively throughout my mud "life" and basically I have buttons toggles and button affects incorporated within zmud. For instance, I'll have buttons on my top row of my output window that will be specifically for turning things on and off, buttons that will reset certain things...basically buttons that will allows me to set certain things.

Now on the bottom of my output window, I'll have buttons that are for spell affects. Buttons that will change color automatically based on triggers that affects it.

The pain in the A** thing is that when I encounter/learn new self spell affects, or when I add more toggle buttons, these buttons are usually designated a number. So let's say I have 6 buttons, and I want to add in another spell affect making it the 7th button and then add in a toggle button making it the 8th and later on a month later, I want to add in another spell affect button---which would be the 9th, etc....this actually gets confusing. Sometimes, it's trial and error trying to figure out which number I'm on and I'll have fooked up toggle buttons that changes color because I have the wrong number association.

So, the question is, is there any other way to help me organize this?? Are there other ways in controlling the buttons so that I don't have to rely on button number association?

Thank you for everything, it's always appreciated.
jurz
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 4:35 pm   

Why don't you just give names to those buttons?

-Jurz
nutsnbolts
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:30 pm   

Elaborate?

Thank you for everything, it's always appreciated.
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 7:26 pm   

You can assign buttons IDs. These Ids can be used anywhere were you would use a button number. To give a button an ID, eneter it into the ID field in the Advanced tab when you are editing the button.

Kjata
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: