Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
vileplume
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 12:19 am   

Settings Editor Window Problem

I was editing some settings in the settings editor when my hand kinda spazzed out. I guess I hit the maximize button because the window got really big. I minimized it again, but now my smaller "sub-window" in the editor is either A. gone or B. floating, not attached to the rest of the window.

Ok I think I'm supposed to delete the file settings.dok from my zmud directory, but I can't find the file! Could it be called something else?

vp

Currently taking applications for the position of personal zmud advisor. ICQ 122945954
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 1:04 pm   

Try Layout|Reset Windows|Settings Editor

Kjata
vileplume
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 8:01 pm   

I tried what you suggested, but the only option I have is Reset all windows. I tried that one and it reset all the windows, but inside the settings editor, the editing panel is still not behaving properly. I can resize it and move it to its usual position, but the list of settings that is usually to the left of the editor panel stays behind it and seems to be enlarged all the way to the right edge of the settings editor window.

Hope this makes sense. Is it odd that I don't seem to have settings.dok in my zmud directory? I did a search for it using windows search but didn't find anything .dok at all on my computer.
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 9:21 pm   

You can only do Layout|Reset Window|Settings Editor while the Settings Editor is open.

Otherwise, I believe you can simply dock everything back in place the way you had it. Make sure that Lock Layout is not selected and Dockable is selected (both are in the menu of the Settings Editor but I forgot which ones since this changed recently) and then drag the Edit Window over one of the hotspots in the Settings Editor window and it should snap into place.

Kjata
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 11:24 pm   

Also sounds like you may have adjusted the positioning of the Class Panel. That is the tree view of classes in your settings. This can be shown and hidden with the little vertical indicator or by menu option View|Show Class Panel in the main Settings Editor window. You can also size the panel by draging on its vertical separation bar. The window reset will do that for you as well.
vileplume
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 11:54 pm   

Kjata: I can drag the editor window around, but it doesn't seem to find any "hotspots" where it wants to attach itself. It continues to behave as a separate window (rather than a part of the overall settings editor).

Vigilante: The Class Panel is fine. It's the opposite side of the window that's giving me trouble. Could I have accidentally hidden something on the right hand side that I just don't remember being there now that it's gone?

Currently taking applications for the position of personal zmud advisor. ICQ 122945954
vileplume
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 12:00 am   

It's almost as if the middle part (the list/details area) has gotten too big. If I remember correctly, it used to stop at the left edge of the edit panel. The up/down scroller (to scroll the list) was at that edge also. Now, my up/down list scroller is all the way over at the far right edge of the whole settings editor, with the edit panel sort of floating over the list or off to the side or wherever I drag it. If I click on the settings editor overall the edit panel is sent back behind it. I fixed this by clicking "on top" on the edit panel, but it still is floating around undocked.
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 12:12 am   

Yes, the problem is the docking. Is Lock Layout unchecked? Try unchecking Lock Layout in the main window too. Is dockable checked? Try checking dockable in the main window too. If you still can't get it to work right, e-mail me and I can send you my docking settings to see if it works.

Kjata
vileplume
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 12:31 am   

Ok, I have lock layout in the main window AND in settings editor unchecked. In the settings editor, I have dockable checked. In the main window though, I don't find anywhere to check "dockable". The very last pull-down list on the icon bar at the top of the main window is labeled (Window) and has 3 options in it: Dock, Transparent, and Taskbar. When I pull down this menu, all three of these items are grayed out. I tried doing it with the settings editor window open also, but they are still grayed out.

Thank you so much for working with me on this. I was hoping to avoid another reinstallation procedure. Oh, in your zmud directory, do you have the file settings.dok? As I mentioned before, I don't find one. I'm using 6.24. Hope that's not still a beta issue (didn't realize it would be when I began this thread anyway).
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 12:28 pm   

Yes, I have it. If you want it, you can e-mail me and I'll send it. You might want to try to re-install too, that should put everything back to normal. Just be sure to make copies of your settings file, and delete everything after you unistall zMUD.

Kjata
vileplume
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 3:07 pm   

Actually, I managed to fix it finally. I threw away the zmud.ini file, restarted the program, then saved the layout (which was still screwy but yielded a setting.dok file in the directory.) Then I threw away the setting.dok file, restarted again and now it's back to normal.

At least it was the last time I checked! hehe

Thanks again,
vp
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: