Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Logic
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 8:51 pm   

Help on a counter

Hi

Iam new to this code. I play on Realms of Despair and there you can only enter the same command 20 times and the they kick you out, so I like to make a counter that display the number in a button for each same command I enter and then get clear when I enter a new command.

I think is something like this, but I know its worng.

If %lastcom = %lastcom2 then counter = counter + 1
Else counter = 0

But where to put the script and how to get it to show the number in a button I dont know.

Hope someone can help me.

Logic
Darker
GURU

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 9:01 pm   

You can code this yourself, or you can use zMUD's built in anti-spam feature. I'm offering the easy option, instead of the code.

Open zMUD, Connect to the mud, then click the Prefs button in the menu bar, then expand the General node, and go to the Spam Protection section. Enter 20 (I use 12) in the Spam Limit box, and 2 in the Spam Length box, and then some command like 'save' in the Spam Command box.

Now every time zMUD detects you sending the same command (over 2 characters) to the mud more than (20 or 12 or whatever) times, it'll automatically send the Spam Command for you, to break up the string of same commands.

zMUD 6 Online Help: All the power you'll ever need.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: