Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Mbwana
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 7:48 am   

Seeking fighter Script (Realms of Despair)

Hey all,

Im looking for a fighter script that deals with thieves in realms of despair. I have one that works already, but it's pretty laggy. Any help would be great :-)

Mbwana LifeWind

"Hope is the denial of reality."
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 5:25 pm   

#TR {You see a thief} {yell Stupid thief~! I~'m gonna get you~!;kill thief}

You'll have to be much more specific to get any meaningful answer. This is an overly broad question to begin with. Bots are highly individual, they must be matched to both the MUD and the character. Different MUDs provide information about what is happening in different ways. Different characters belong to different races, guilds, and classes and therefore have different commands and capabilities, and therefore react differently to the same problem. And even on the same MUD, with the same race, class, and level, different people may have different ideas about the correct response. So, it's pretty much up to you to write a bot that you will be happy with.

In addition, answers depend on information and you didn't provide any.

LightBulb
Vague questions get vague answers
Rastof

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 4:31 am   

Hi :)

I think I know what you mean. This is a trigger you must be careful with, so that it doesn't trigger when others are fighting the thief. But it's still simple:

Trigger:
pattern- A thief is standing here (or something like that)
k thief

This only work if you have detect hidden tho.

Hope that answers your question, or at least helps. The lag isn't because of the trigger (unless you have a really stoopid trigger), but rather the mud or your ISP. Just remember to keep the info you're sending and recieving to a minimum.

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: