Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Megha20

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 7:01 pm   

need some help with status window

oki i need some help with the "Gauge" in zmud 5.55 i saw someone use some health bars in it, and i want to know how to do that, i cant quite figure it out. if i type "#gauge Hp 1 on" a small window pops up with Hp and a bar, now i just need to put in my max hp and current hp somehow so it keeps track of my current somehow. allso is it possible to do it with the status window in zmud 6.16 ?.

so if any1 knows how to do this please reply :)

Thanks

Megha

Zartrus@hotmail.com
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 7:28 pm   

Can't tell you for 5.55.

For 6.16, once you have your gauge, right-click on it to open the editor. Go to the Gauge tab, it's the last one on the right. Put your max hp in the Gauge Max field. Pick a value when you'd like it to change color (to warn you your hp is getting low) and put that in the Gauge Low field. Put your current hp in the Value field. Save.

You should use a variable for Value (current hp) and you can also use variables/formulas for Gauge Max (max hp) and Gauge Low. These variables should (preferably) be updated on a regular basis from the prompt. This can be accomplished either with the #SETPROMPT command or with a #TRIGGER command. I use @hp for Value, @maxhp for Gauge Max, and @maxhp/4 for Gauge Low.

Additional gauges (for mana or other attributes) can be easily done by a simple copy-and-paste in the editor, followed by changing the Caption and the Gauge fields.

LightBulb
Vague questions get vague answers
Megha20

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 7:45 pm   

oki. now i have set up the things, colors and max/current and stuff, now i just need help with the variables/triggers to get it to keep track of my hp/sp/mp
:) dont hope i to much trouble here, im a n00b with this :)

thanks

Zartrus@hotmail.com
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 9:45 pm   

The exact trigger for a prompt depends on the prompt, but it would be something like this for one that has hp/maxhp sp/maxsp mp/maxmp. The {} is where the class would go, if you wanted to put it in one, and the {nocr|prompt} tells it not to wait for an end-of-line, since most prompts don't come with one.

#TR {(%d)/(%d)hp (%d)/(%d)sp (%d)/(%d)mp} {#VAR hp %1;#VAR maxhp %2;#VAR sp %3;#VAR maxsp %4;#VAR mp %5;#VAR maxmp %6} {} {nocr|prompt}

LightBulb
Megha20

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 11:39 pm   

Totally confused ;)
but this is how my prompt looks like
HP 233(233) SP 161(163) MP 243(243) XP (7778866)

Zartrus@hotmail.com
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 2:42 am   

Okay, use
#TR {HP (%d)~((%d)~) SP (%d)~((%d)~) MP (%d)~((%d)~)} {#VAR hp %1;#VAR maxhp %2;#VAR sp %3;#VAR maxsp %4;#VAR mp %5;#VAR maxmp %6} {} {nocr|prompt}

The ~ tells zMUD to treat the next character as a normal character instead of a special character. You can just copy that whole thing and paste it into your command line.

LightBulb
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: