Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
thePhos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 12:50 pm   

Seperating parts of a trigger

Hi all,

I'm a total newbie to ZMud, so there may be an easy solution to this that I'm just not getting.

What I get from the MUD (TCS, for anyone who cares) is the following, before every prompt:

[100/100hp 100/100en]

Now, what I'd like to do is seperate that into its component parts, and put them in variables so I can send it to the status line. I'd also like ZMUD to NOT echo this line in my active window.

Now, I've read most of the help files, and from what I've read, I thought the following should work (but, of course, it doesn't)

#TR {[(%d)~/~(%d)hp (%d)~/~(%d)en]}}
#VAR CurHP %1
#VAR MaxHP %2
#VAR CurEnd %3
#VAR MaxEnd %4

Now this triggers the trigger, but doesn't properly map the variables. I think this is because of the leading string characters and the fact that is is all jumbled together. Is there any way I can correct this?

And does anyone know how I can avoid sending this to my active window, so I get the information only in my Status window?

Thanks in advance for your help.

===Harpoonz=>
Agroamar
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 2:15 pm   

well the brackets are a special char and why are you putting those curly things after the / ? You put that only before a special char such as [, ?, and the other ones (er, I won't list them all here.) also... Why you closing off your trigger if you want stuff to act upon it? If you want your trigger to create variables based on the information... You need the var creation in the second brackets... er.. hrm not explaining it well... but here see this:

#TR {~[(%d)~/(%d)hp (%d)~/(%d)en~]} {#VAR CurHP %1;#VAR MaxHP %2;#VAR CurEnd %3;#VAR MaxEnd %4;}

that should work, of course I haven't tested it... Just test it see if it works, let me know results :)
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 3:47 pm   

Agroamar's trigger is correct, although it doesn't need the ; at the end or the ~ before the /'s.

This will probably need to be a prompt type trigger. You can avoid seeing this info in the main window with the #GAG command. You might get a blank line its place.

#TR {~[(%d)/(%d)hp (%d)/(%d)en~]} {#GAG;#VAR CurHP %1;#VAR MaxHP %2;#VAR CurEnd %3;#VAR MaxEnd %4} {} {nocr|prompt}

LightBulb
Vague questions get vague answers
Agroamar
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 3:52 pm   

Ooh Thanks lightbulb for clearing up my Trigger, I thought Harpoonz might have known something I didn't with the slashes *snicker*, and I did NOT mean to add that extra semi-colon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: