Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Buba

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 4:20 pm   

Status Window

Is there anyway to add scroll bars to a status window? Or am I just dreaming?
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 12:02 am   

Regretablly no. I am guessing this in regards to your previous question about displaying a who list. Perhaps you should change the format slightly...

#STW {@WhoDisplay}
#AL UpdateWhoDisplay {TempWho=%concat("--Players In Game--",%cr);#FORALL @Players {TempWho=%concat(@TempWho,%i,%if(%mod(%ismember(%i,@Players),2)=0,%cr," "))};WhoDisplay=TempWho}

There now it does 2 names per line, just have to call the alias in triggers that change the data. If you need scroll bars you will have to go to a child window. If that is what you decide to do I can provide detailed instructions on how to do it, so long as you tell me exactly what you wish to display, how you wish to display it, and the variables you store the data in.

If I guessed wrong about your needs, oh well.
Buba

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 12:18 am   

I think i might want to do it in a child window, I have no problem storing the names to a variable that i call @players, i i display it in the status window simply one name on each line, explain to me what you mean by doing it in a child window and would it be dockable on the right side of the screen like the status window is?
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 12:36 am   

No a child window wouldn't be dockable in that fashion. You have sperate windows, with seperate title bars and such, you would have to position them how you wanted and save a layout to keep them that way. Still want to go that route?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 1:07 am   

quote:

No a child window wouldn't be dockable in that fashion. You have sperate windows, with seperate title bars and such, you would have to position them how you wanted and save a layout to keep them that way. Still want to go that route?

All windows are dockable, and a child window is really nothing more than a status window without the status window-specific commands and labels attached to it; if you got it to work with the status window, chances are you need only replace the #STW command with the #WINDOW command or :Window: syntax.

EDIT: just wanted to clarify that I wasn't including picklist or #MESS windows in the above statement (these are probably not dockable given their natures, but I haven't gone out to try it yet).
li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
Buba

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 1:13 am   

yes would like to try the child window, if it doesnt work i can always go back how would i do it?
Buba

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 1:29 am   

OK i figured out how to do the Child WIndow and the docking part works, 2 questions now...
if im displaying @players and replacing | with %cr so that each player is on a new line, the list wont refresh automaticly will it? like it did in the status window? how do i get around that? any ideas?

also is there anyway i can disable the way the freeze screen works when you scroll up? i want it to scroll just like lets say a browser window would, not with th buffer scroll or whatever you call it...any ideas?
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 4:39 am   

When you update @players include a command in the trigger/alias script to clear the child window (#MENU {Layout|Empty Scrollback}) and then redisplay @players. Be sure you change focus before issuing these commands.

I don't know any way to prevent the split screen but you can drag the divider and make the bottom part smaller. I don't know if this will affect other windows or not so test it.

LightBulb
All scripts untested unless otherwise noted
Buba

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 6:19 pm   

How would I ensure that the focus is on the right window when its cleared, theres not gonna be anything really in the child window i can trigger off of to clear it right before its refreshes @players...any ideas?
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 7:25 pm   

Hrm, I stand corrected. I couldn't get a child window to dock to its parent. The manner in which I would suggest to do it is this.

First add a command line to your child window. Copy and paste this script into your child window.

#ALARM {*10} {#MENU {Layout|Clear Window};#MENU {Layout|Empty Scrollback};#FORALL @{%item(%names,1)}.players {#SHOW %i}}

Then turn off anything you don't want the child window to have, like the command line. Then select save as from the edit menu. Save it to your main zmud directory with a name that matches the name you will use for it. Once that is done, it should do automatic updates every 10 seconds, and should load that little script on its own every time.

The script uses a very indirect reference in case you later want to use it with another player hopefully I got that part right.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 3:57 am   

Use the focus character : both before and after the child window's name. This changes the focus to the child window before issuing the next command and returns the focus to the original window immediately after the command.
:child:#MENU {Layout|Empty Scrollback}

LightBulb
All scripts untested unless otherwise noted
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: