Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
etrin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 1:50 am   

command line arguments

I looked through the documentation, but could not find anything in regards to command line arguments (Dos Prompt). Have had zmud for a few years, but never need to do this before.

I need to start zmud with the command line and assign one of the arguments to a login variable.

Can anyone help?

If it can't be done I guess I can script it up so zmud reads and parses a created file when it connects to the mud.

Thanks,
-_-
Darker
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 6:36 pm   

I know it's possible (at least, it was...) to start zMUD with a specific connection. I used to have icons on my desktop to start specific characters. I don't remember how to do it anymore, but it should still be possible.

However, I don't think it was ever possible to start zMUD and pass a script command to it. I think the best you can do is start zMUD with a specific connection as the command line and have a command in that connection read a text file via atconnect.

zMUD 6 Online Help: All the power you'll ever need.
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 12:48 am   

zmud.exe word_here

It is looking for a character name of some
sort but a quick test before launching zmud
didn't auto connect one of my characters..

Ton Diening
Tarn
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 1:53 am   

I have a character defined that tries to connect to the local machine (127.0.0.1). It's stored in the directory ".zmudtest"

zmud test

brings up that test session and tries to connect to my local machine.

I assume that startup triggers that caused the read/execution of a script would work fine.

The results for other characters I have defined are generally an error message to the effect that zMud can't find that character. I've got oddities like names with spaces/having renamed the characters, so this might not be a common problem.

zMud 6.16

-Tarn
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: