Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Murdlih
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 3:14 am   

Playing blackjack

I have been trying to write a trigger to play my games of blackjack for me. My problem seems to be converting queens and kings to 10's....

The code I have been using is

The dealer shows the (%a)

#if (%1 = Ace) {dealershows = 11} {#if (%1 = King|Queen|Jack) {dealershows = 10} {dealershows = %1}}

it works fine when capturing the numbesr, but sometimes stores "Queen" or "Jack" to "dealershows" which does not work down below. I thought I saw it work, but I am not so sure. I can't find any differences between cases in which I thought it worked and when it didn't... can anyone out there see an error?
Murdlih
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 3:34 am   

#if (@ihave >=17) {stand} {#if (@ihave = 13|14|15|16 AND @dealershows = 2|3|4|5|6) {stand}{#if (@ihave = 12 AND @dealershows = 4|5|6) {stand}{#if (@ihave = 11 AND @dealershows != 11) {double}{#if (@ihave = 10 AND @dealershows != 10|11) {double} {#if (@ihave = 9 AND @dealershows = 3|4|5|6) {double}{hit}}}}}}

I can't figure this out either. my variables get set fine, but many times nothing executes. I can't find the error here either
Humpton
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 3:52 am   

Your first one:

Is it possible that even though %a captures number and letters, it doesn't actually know the difference between a string and a number? So maybe the last bit needs to be %number(%1)? And, does the string you are testing against have to be in quotes ""?Otherwise, I'm sorry, I have nothing to offer.

Your second one:

I'd try just breaking it down into little bits and force it some values and see what comes of that. Put lots of #SHOW I'm in the >=17 place, etc to give you an idea of where it's getting to. You may have a } in the wrong place somewhere? But, it looks ok to me right now.

Good luck!

Stay JOLLY!
H

___
Humpton lives like he types.... fast, and full of mistakes!

Core 2651: For those who prefer the future to the past.
Troubadour
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 6:00 am   

Your conditionals will not work as written. In %1 = King|Queen|Jack, the expression is comparing %1 to the string (not string list) "King|Queen|Jack".

Instead of #IF (%1 = King|Queen|Jack) you can write #IF (%1 = King|%1 = Queen|%1=Jack) OR you can use the %ismember function and write #IF (%ismember(%1, {King|Queen|Jack}))

Apply the same solution to your conditional expressions in your other problem.
Troubadour
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: