Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:16 am   

[3.13] Coloring of taskbar is a little too close to the foreground color

I like the new coloring of the taskbar, but I'd suggest that the light green color be tweaked a tiny bit. Perhaps it is just on my screen, but the light green seems to have a little too much white in it, causing poor resolution between it and the White foreground coloring of the text. This makes it a bit more difficult to pick out what is written.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:08 pm   

I don't have any control over the colors. The color comes from the Windows 7 progress bar and all I can do is control the "state" of the progress bar (green is normal, red is error, and yellow is "paused"). Sorry.
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:48 pm   

So, having been digging through these forums, I see that this thread is related to this in the version history for 3.13:
Quote:
Added: Windows 7 Icon support. Status of text received from server is now shown as the background color of the taskbar icon

I see that when CMUD 3.34 has new output and is not in focus, on Windows 11, the small bar under the CMUD icon changes to a long bar. However, it gets reset to the short bar pretty quickly through normal use of the computer without putting CMUD into the foreground. (Butting CMUD into the foreground gives it a coloured medium-size bar underneath it.) I haven't been able to establish all the causes of this reset, it's quite strange and appears to happen fairly randomly when testing with the tick timer and an echo, but one of them appears to be CMUD sending a command to the MUD as a result of a trigger (or possibly as a result of an alarm) - this changes that window to not have the green circle icon. If that is the only window, or the only window that had the green circle icon, then the CMUD taskbar icon will go back to having the short bar underneath it. The change in size of the bar is also not very noticeable compared with the change in icon colour that we are used to. I found this relatively recent answer for C# that shows how the icon may actually be changed at runtime, rather than the current not-very-noticeable and potentially unreliable method of showing an updated status:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43179090/change-taskbar-icon-at-runtime-on-deployed-app

As an aside, I've just played with:
#CALL %iconstate(4)
And this works, although the colours are not all as described in the manual on Windows 11. But still, this could be very useful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: