Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Gatsby
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:11 am   

Does cmud still work under windows 11 ?

see subject.
Searched for an answer to this but couldnt find it.

TIA
Gats
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:26 pm   

I have yet to upgrade from 10 myself. One person reported issues, but I'm not sure how bad it was.
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:52 pm   

I thought it was working ok (new laptop+os, not a Win 11 upgrade from Win 10, and bringing my settings over from the old one via XML) but this morning I got a notice on open that the database was locked and now the window resizing isn't working.

I expect to be able to work around that.
Tarn
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:41 pm   

Update:

Short version: I'm doing fine so far:

Details:

My triggers and other settings seem to be fine.

Some of the UI formatting is a little bit off (label size next to controls)- no big deal.

I had to undock my session windows in order to get the elements to resize properly... I think this is probably a config file corruption that I'll be able to fix.

Some text window formatting may _slightly_ off causing colored numbers to run into the following character just a bit but I just bumped the fonts up a few points and now I can read it.

It's probably possible to do better- I haven't experimented much yet with the Windows compatibility or other OS type UI settings.
Tarn
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:27 pm   

Update:

Seems to be working fine with multis and with the mapper (but I just gave the mapper a quick whirl).

Only anomalies are:

1) (trivial) a few labels are too big for the space so you lose a few letters. No big deal, you can still tell that it's a textbox labeled "Widget:" even if the colon and 't' are cut off

2) (not CMud's fault) just like other apps even from microsoft, I try to remember to close all apps before doing something like putting a laptop to sleep then disconnecting an external monitor and turning it back on. Apps sometimes wind up mostly or completely off the main screen. Again, even MS Edge does this so it's not CMUD's fault I'm just suggesting a workaround.

3) _if_ you have a problem with characters running slightly together in special situations like the prompt, experiment with fonts or just make the font a few points bigger.
rwagner76
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:33 pm   

For those googling this, throwing in my late reply... it definitely works. But beware of screen scaling (which was also an issue in Windows 10). If you have screen scaling for hi-res displays, it'll mangle a lot of menus, particularly in the settings editor.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:48 pm   

You can just use a small resolution to bypass that, which is fine if you have a monitor that you can dedicate to sub- 4k or even HD graphics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: