Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
hclehman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:45 pm   

multiple sessions at one time

I have different characters that I log into the same Mud so that I can group them. Right now I open 2 sessions using the same CMud shortcut.
Both characters will have the same triggers, etc.

I would like each to have their own triggers - one is a thief - so hides and backstabs; the other is a warrior and bashes and uses different spells

Can I just install Cmud in two different paths (so have different short cuts) and have that work or will that create register issues?
Someone tried to help me so that when one logs in, somehow one set of triggers load and when another logs in a different set loads but I never
got that to work.

Right now I just log one in, set the triggers. Log the other in and set the triggers for that. Whichever logs out last are the triggers that are saved

Thanks
Cris
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:47 am   

The suggested method for multiplaying is to split your triggers into separate packages, and for each character to have a separate session named for the character.
The Warrior and Rogue sessions should house only those settings that are unique to the guild.
Then they would both load up a shared package that houses the settings all players can access.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:11 pm   

Thank you Shalimar.

This is what a friend was trying to tell me... however I'm old and while I know enough to be dangerous I'm also very confused and the help files don't seem to help me

If you can point me to some help solutions that would be wonderful. I understand how to set up separate sessions. That part is fine

The problem is creating and managing "packages". For example right now my character has 2 "packages" Mud" and "Mud 2". Mud 2 has no triggers or anything in the folders, but I can't delete the package by right clicking the tab and deleting, it crashes Cmud.

Would the best thing to do be take the session that works. - start a new session with my second character and then just delete and add triggers as needed, then save that new session?
Thanks again
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:26 pm   

If you want to remove or add a package to a given session, you have to edit the session before you connect.
There is a packages tab that controls what all gets loaded when you open it.

And yes, making a new second session is ideal. I might even make both of them new, but that's not really necessary.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:56 pm   

Thanks again.

Its not working atm. When I open my CMud shortcut. I now have 2 sessions - Mud Thief and Mud Warrior. I open one, make changes to the triggers, close it and then open the other. The other now has all the new triggers that I just edited.

I also did an edit session - before opening a session and I don't see "Mud 2" as a Package, so can't delete it.

I appreciate your help. I have to work for a bit - I notice that you have a discord number, I might jump on Discord and if you are on, ask there. Is there a CMud discord channel, that might also help to actually talk through these issues but I understand you also have other things to do :)
Cris
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:02 pm   

I think you will need to recreate the sessions from scratch, they are currently both using the same .pkg file, which is why the settings are shared.
No channel as of yet, though I have helped a few people out that way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: