Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
OldGlory
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 9:33 pm   

Little Old Lady Needs Technical Expertise

This is pitiful for an 83-year-old woman! I have no clue as to how it happened. Every single one of my 'xly' files wherever they are in my computer has been changed from the CMUD plain white covering and is now a NOTEPAD turquoise-blue covering. Am I able to help you solve my problem? I think not! I wish I could though. In the past two years I've had nothing but problems when I try to play my LP Mud game--to the point of tears. I patiently work on what I think might fix it, but that's hopeless. Yesterday I went through every single one of my (one) game files and deleted the turquoise-coated little suckers but it didn't work obviously--all returned. Weird, but when I play just one character, log off, then check my settings files, every single character file I ever had (and then some!) is busy showing off it's new TURQUOISE BLUE COAT by NOTEPAD.

Also, something happened to my CMUD Macro files. I did look at that first on Zuggsoft and saw that I'd missed a big change on how to make the macros work. Macros simply would not do anything even if I 'sent' it to the mud as Zugg suggested 25 years ago (or whatever it was!)

I feel guilty and embarrassed to have to beg for help, but my mud game is my ONLY way to relax and I've been uptight for two years now at least. Is there anyone who can tell me in layman's terms how to fix this problem? I understand only how to play my game and how to jury-rig CMUD so that it works for me :) HELP!!
TO ACHIEVE A PROMOTION ANYWHERE!
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 10:23 pm   

If you are talking about the icon used to represent that, you can use anyone you want.
From the sessions window, you want to edit your character session, and there should be a box labeled image.
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 11:10 pm   

Thank you very much, Shalimar, for your promptness as well as your answer. I shall try to deal with that! I shall assume that fixing one char will automatically fix ALL chars that had the icon changed (for whatever reason). Your response has reassured me that all is well other than that. I needed to be sure that I was wrecking everything with twenty-five years of created characters.

Adele
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 1:16 am   

That's what the issue sounds like from here.
But no, it will only affect the sessions you edit.
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 11:55 am   

Thanks. If you don't hear me yelling and stomping my feet, all will be well. In the meantime, Microsoft took over my computer from Chrome last night. I've been pretty spastic over it, but slowly putting computer life back together :) It's nice to have you somewhere to keep me stable and going in life's computer world.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: