Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
AbysmalHelix

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:32 pm   

Mapper being super slow with clicking rooms

Here is a video of what I mean. It seems to only happen in certain zones. This is game-breaking annoying. I have a Ryzen 3900X so its definitely not my PC. Any Ideas? At a loss here. :(

https://gfycat.com/hatefulellipticalblackwidowspider
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:09 pm   

Looks more like a connection issue with the game not responding until a bunch of commands are queued up.
Also, the mouse cursor never moves, so it's hard to believe that you are even trying to click a room.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:37 pm   

It's not a connection issue, and it took the video after clicking a room. Here, I will make a new video.

New Video: https://gfycat.com/exemplaryviciousblackpanther

It happens 100% of the time in big zones like that. Clicking around in smaller maps works just fine.
AbysmalHelix

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:21 pm   

please help with this im really frustrated about it :(
AbysmalHelix

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:28 pm   

i cant minimize, close, use any file menus or anything in CMUD when its slowed down like that.
croww

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:19 am   

I get those kind of slowdowns if the map is "zoomed out" . Try zooming in so you only see like a few rooms and see if that helps. I have no idea why it does that on my large map zones
teion
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:45 pm   

I've also pointed this out multiple times with no real solution. I am not sure if its memory usage or what is causing it but there is a bit of a workaround.

1.) Ensure your map is zoomed in so that you only see a small grid of rooms at a time. This seems to help when speedwalking.

Alternatively you can

2.) Split up you map into smaller zones. This is essentially the same as 1 without zooming in.

This is probably not what you want to hear but I hope you find a solution to this.
MiGFoxbat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:00 am   

It might be a hardware issue, I had experienced this on my previous computer, but I've gotten a new one a couple days ago and the freezes stopped.
And yes, it happened when the map was zoomed out, so I guess it may be linked to an insufficient RAM, or something like that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: