Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
wulv

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:29 pm   

Frustrated Map Issue

I have lived with this issue for YEARS. And finally I want to fix it.

I am having an issue that on an existing map (not creating any maps or anything) I have a door to the north that is locked. I hit "n" to move north (cuz I'm a moron and just spamming directions) but mapper will move me north even though I actually didn't move north and the only response I got from the MUD is "The door is locked"

I have tried to create #NODIR triggers but these seem to be for Speedwalking as it made no difference in how the mapper updated my position. I double checked and I only have one "#OK" trigger and that is based off the "EXIT" line which only shows when you actually MOVE.

How can I prevent the mapper from moving my position when I actually didn't move.

EDIT:
On the map itself the direction I'm trying to move in is set to LOCKED DOOR so the map knows its a locked door. I just really want the map to NOT update when I make these kinds of moves. I thought if it didn't' see the EXITS line it wouldn't update but that appears to only apply to Speedwalking.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:10 pm   

You need to have the mapper in Safe or Slow mode for #NODIR triggers to work, especially if the locked door is in the middle somewhere.
As otherwise, all the movement commands are sent at once, and it has no way of knowing which one of the many is the one that failed.

You can mark the room behind the locked door as 'do not enter' and that should force the map to find another way to your destination, if possible.
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:28 pm   

Did you manage to fix your issue wulv?

I also have triggers like this (on zMUD):
Pattern: The %1 seems to be closed.$
Value: #NODIR

YMMV.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: