Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
dustofnothing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:31 am   

CMud Colors - washed out

I noticed the colors in CMUD from xterm are kind of dull and washed out. Is there anything I can do to brighten them up?

They look better on Mushclient - much more vibrant and lush.

Thanks.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:59 pm   

I would assume that the colors are the same.
That's more of a hardware issue, no?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:12 pm   

I suspect it could be the way it renders the colors. It's similar to ZMud and the colors between ZMud and CMud look to be the same (across 4 computers dating from 2003 actually) but between Mushclient and Mudlet, they're all different haha. I know one of them uses QT (Mudlet or Mushclient). Not sure what CMud uses.

I also know that Mushclient changed their xterm color profile sometime in the past so this could also be it too.
https://www.gammon.com.au/forum/bbshowpost.php?id=7761&page=4

The post by Nick a few down says this:
"After some more agonizing and discussion I have decided to revert to the Xterm colour cube from version 4.96 of MUSHclient. The Xterm cube favours brighter colours (the gap between colours is: 95 / 40 / 40 / 40 / 40).

The Netscape cube, used previously, has even colours, with a consistent gap of 51 / 51 / 51 / 51 / 51.

For backwards compatibility you can change to the Netscape cube by executing this Lua function call:"

So maybe CMud is using a different xterm cube? I'm not familiar with this enough to know for sure or if this is something I can change on CMud.

Thanks.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:13 pm   

It may well be, that is all outside my personal scope of knowledge.
However, CMUD is no longer being actively developed, so it is unlikely to be changed.
I am unsure if there is anything you can do to adjust it from a user perspective.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:16 pm   

shalimar wrote:
It may well be, that is all outside my personal scope of knowledge.
However, CMUD is no longer being actively developed, so it is unlikely to be changed.
I am unsure if there is anything you can do to adjust it from a user perspective.

Ah! I was not aware of that. Are they making a new client or just decided to end all development for MUDs?

ZMud/CMud have always offered great support for features. Out of the three clients I used/mentioned, xMUD is the only one to handle blinking text.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:54 pm   

Zugg has moved on to a job in D.C. working on the Drupal engine.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:20 am   

shalimar wrote:
Zugg has moved on to a job in D.C. working on the Drupal engine.

Sounds interesting! Good luck to him!

Maybe one day he'll return to CMUD and mudding in general. He has always been a big factor in the community for as long as I've been here (I got into mudding around 1994!).

I may see if I can create a custom profile for my nvidia card to change the saturation of colors for CMud. I'll post up if I find anything of use to report.

Thanks!
dannymajlak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:58 pm   

This really sounds interesting to me. Making new clients & leaving. Old tactic i guess.

Thanks!
Danny
shelleytate

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 1:30 am   

shalimar wrote:
It may well be, that is all outside my personal scope of knowledge. google street view

Thank you. Now I understand more.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:52 pm   

dannymajlak wrote:
This really sounds interesting to me. Making new clients & leaving. Old tactic i guess.

Thanks!
Danny

Zugg spent ten years developing Zmud. He spent another five years _full time_ developing Cmud. Eventually he reached a point where he could not continue to develop Cmud and still afford to buy food for his family. Can you really blame him for choosing to earn money rather than see his family starve?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: