Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
kingdeath9
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:03 pm   

Cmud Mapper

I've been trying to figure out how to use the mapper to automatically mark each room that is connected to another room as Tested.
When I try to walk to the next rooms it ignores the room that is currently there and creates a new room above it slightly to the right.

Is it possible to do this? Or is there another config setting I need to fix?

Thank you for taking the time to read my question and/or respond.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:33 am   

The issue is that CMUD is not recognizing the current room as matching the existing room.
I assume it has trouble updating the 'You are here' dot as well?

This usually stems from the mapper not being properly configured.
If you haven't already, you need to reconfigure the mapper.

If you have and it still doesn't match the room name, description, and/or exits, then you need to make some triggers to #TAG that data, and reconfigure the mapper again until these things are captured automatically.
Any room that the mapper makes with those three key bits of information can be assumed to be tested.
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:06 pm   

Thank you Shalimar.

Reconfiguring the mapper helped for walking into the rooms and marking them as tested.

I was hoping to make it so I don't manually have to walk through every direction of the rooms. Some rooms have every direction and I was hoping there was a script I could use cycle through every connected room that has a different room vnum.

I've got a trigger setup that I have setup to automatically in a single direction.

Is there a Discord server for the Cmud?

Thank you again.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:10 am   

Unfortunately not.
You can manually connect them as if you were edditing something in paint, but that is even more fiddley.
You can also connect them when CMUD is not currently connected to the game in question, which can reduce IC risks.

No Discord server for CMUD specifically as we actually want a searchable forum of code examples for people to sift through, but many individual MUDs have them.
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:55 pm   

Thank you again Shalimar.

Yeah I'm not a fan of manually doing them. I forgot about the not needing to be online. That will help a lot.

Yeah, I'm on the discords for the muds I'm currently active on. makes sense about the searchable forum, just sometimes is a pain for the right keywords.
hpoonis2010
Adept

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:54 am   

You could just alias a script to check each possible direction. Use #NODIR for the unavailable exits.

Eg, walk north then back south, east then back west, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: