Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Jebikoje2

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:29 am   

Typing Lag - MalWareBytes

Hi, my Windows 10 just received the big April update and I cannot use CMUD v2, v3 or the old zMUD. It loads and runs but when I type it takes like a second each character on the command line. It's terrible to use. Is there a setting or fix that anyone else has experienced this with?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:09 am   

I had a similar issue when 10 first came out, but the issue is not with CMUD itself.

I think for me the issue was the drivers on my graphics card.

Are you running any third party software that manipulates the windows taskbar, or similar?
CMUD has been known to not play nice with some of those.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:56 pm   

No, and actually my computer crashed a few days ago so I reformatted so there's literally nothing but a fresh most recent nvidia driver, windows 10 pro with updates and a few other games. That's about it. And ever since I got forced into the update my stuff with cmud doesn't work. Everything else computer wise is flawless. I can't figure it out.

It also takes around 1 second when I hold down enter to send something to the mud too whereas normally it would fill the entire screen within a second, now it takes like 15 seconds to fill the screen with my spam. It's as if you changed the Repeat Rate setting on your keyboard settings in windows to the slowest rate possible (I just tested it to make sure it repeated what I'm experiencing). That's exactly how cMUD is receiving my commands now. But only cmud, notepad, word, everything else works as expected.

I've also confirmed that it's ONLY the command line. If I go type in to create a new alias, or trigger or anything like that it works fine. I just think the April update did something that isn't playing nice. Have you received the april windows 10 update yet? Does cmud still work? If you haven't received it, try to see if it's available to you. Maybe it's just me but I doubt it.

Last edited by Jebikoje2 on Wed May 02, 2018 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 5:35 pm   

Well, I have the recent update and am not experiencing any issues.
No one else is reporting it either, so it is most likely something local to your machine.

In that case, I am gonna say it could be a corrupted installation of CMUD.
Try uninstalling and reinstalling it again?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:18 pm   

Yeah, I've done that several times. I'll try to find whatever driver I must be missing but I've had a clean install of windows because of my crash and windows is fully up to date, all required drivers are present and accounted for that I can find. Thanks anyways though for the responses. I appreciate your feedback.
Jebikoje2

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:33 pm   

Well... I'm pretty sure I"m the only person in the world that this will happen to, but just in case someone has this same issue.... MALWAREBYTES cannot be running at the same time as CMUD for whatever STUPID reason. I trial and error started uninstalling reinstalling stuff just to do it and the only thing that causes grief is malwarebytes.
Llohr
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:11 am   

Edit: Nevermind, somehow I hadn't finished reading the thread.
ceridwel

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:51 am   

Holy shit, I just came here to post a message about this EXACT ISSUE. It has been driving me fucking nuts. I too noticed it started happening after the latest Windows Update and figured MSFT must have fucked up somehow. But guess what...I also have Malwarebytes running. I'll try stopping it and testing CMud and will reply back here soon with the results.
ceridwel

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:00 pm   

I can confirm that as soon as I stop the Malwarebytes executable (C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe) THE ISSUE IS FIXED.

Now how to somehow get the Zuggsoft and Malwarebytes devs to get on a call together and fix the issue....
ceridwel

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:09 pm   

Hey guys, after a bit more troubleshooting and trial/error, I have found that you don't need to stop the entire Malwarebytes service to fix this issue. Inside of MWB there is an option called "Ransomeware Protection" and if you simply turn that feature off then the CMud text delay issue is resolved. In MWB this setting is under Settings-->Protection Tab--> "Randomware Protection: Prevents ransomeware from encrypting your files".
Chiara
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:20 am   

Ceridwel, thanks for posting that fix! MalwareBytes is the only known program to be causing the issue, but I've been getting more people reporting the issue. I'm glad to have an instruction to fix it.
Sumesh579

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:30 am   RE:Typing Lag - MalWareBytes

Great Reply!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: