Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
donghotreotuong1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:19 am   

Cmud long load time, hangs, need help

I'm having a real hard time contemplating that fact that Cmud actually takes THIS long to load. I'm used to Cmud loading real fast (10 seconds). I used it all during the trial and I've recently purchased it. It always loaded fast. Now it hangs and takes forever to load, where did this come from? I don't recall it ever being this slow. I have only set up about 10 triggers and aliases, and that's about it.

This is frustrating because it takes a good 3 minutes to load it up. Yes, 3 minutes. It hangs my computer. I'm unable to click on other things while I wait for it load. I've tried all the usual remedies, including rebooting and uninstalling and reinstalling. I've cleaned my registry and done all of the virus scan/cookie cleanup stuff. Nothing works. I have cmud on my laptop as well, it takes about 15 seconds to load. Still long, but much more manageable. Zmud is an instantaneous load on both my comps. Left 4 dead 2 loads in about 10 seconds, Fallout 3 takes about 12 seconds. Cmud takes 3 minutes??????

What can I do so it stops hanging my comp?

I have a Core 2 duo 8400, 8 gigs ram, vid card, 10000 rpm harddrive (50 gigs left), Norton (NIS) 2011 (disabled and enabled), cmud 3.33. I have a cpu clock on my comp and it isn't taking any cpu power, yet I hang?

Help!
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:36 am   

Usually, it will be either your layout file (if you have a lot of windows) or the map (if you have a lot of rooms) that causes loading lag.
It could also just be a matter of the current load on your machine. If you are already doing lots of things, naturally, it will take longer; this is especially noticeable after a reboot.

Corruption of the .pkg file could also be an issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: