Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Gregory
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:25 am   

Find And Move To Room

Hi.

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to find and move to a room using script commands. I know you can use speedwalking to create a path to automatically move to a certain destination. But are there commands that allow you to do this with the mapper?

For eg:

If my character is in Room 1, and I am trying to get to Room 24. The speedwalk would be something like run 3e2n1s4n. Is it possible to generate the speedwalk from Room 1 to Room 24 by scripting and move to that location? If I am in Room 1 and trying to get to Room 24, can I write a script that will automatically use the mapper and speedwalks to get me to that room?

I have had a look at the docs but cannot see any commands in the automapper section that looks like it would do that but I could be mistaken.

#EDIT: Ok after having a look at the docs PROPERLY lol, it seem the way to go would be to use %mapquery, %pathfrom and %walk. I just played around and I am sure that these could be used to achieve the desired affect.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:49 pm   

if you know the room ID/number you want to end up at, you can just do:

#WALK 1234
#WALK pawnshop

Nothing will be saved, you just end up where you want to go.

%mapquerry returns a list of roomnumbers from an SQL search string, usually for editing the map via script
%pathfrom and %walk both return the pathing information in list format

Neither of which is needed unless you have a reason to save the value for some other setting to access later.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:08 pm   

Can you skip rooms with that command or do you have to follow a particular order btw? Very useful command.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:22 pm   

The #WALK command will have the mapper select the shortest route (by room count, and %roomcost).
You can have the map avoid certain areas by having rooms marked as 'do not enter' or by manually changing the %roomcost of rooms so that area is viewed as more expensive to walk through.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: