Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Moab
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:42 pm   

CMud is slow on Windows 10

I haven't mudded for any length of time in a couple of years. But I've been using the latest CMUD (3.34) since it was available on Windows 10 (since it was available) without any performance issues. This summer, however, I fired up the client and find that that typing into the text box is amazingly slow. There doesn't seem to be any other issues (game lag, other UI lag) and I can't figure out why. My computer is super capable, so I'm wondering what's going on. Is it just that CMUD is behind the times with the new updates from MS (I understand it's not being developed any more) or are there other things I should be looking at? No other software or performance issues with the computer.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Update: This "command line" lag is present even in off-line mode and with all options turned off. This is breaking my heart - CMUD is an amazing client - the best really. Hate to think of having to move to MushClient or WinTin. =(
Moab
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:53 pm   

Resolution:

After reading the forums, I turned off Malware Bytes and the problem resolved.
morganja

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:46 am   

Will it be safe to turn-off the Malware Bytes?
I will try to do it, and to see if it will work since I am having the same problem.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:41 am   

There are alternatives to Malware Bytes if you get that paranoid, but windows 10 is a lot safer than the older versions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: