Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2
gyntry Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:20 pm
Input Lag Issues (As I type, NOT as it appears in MUD)
chris123zugg
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:45 pm   

ok, quite literally NO DOCUMENTATION to solve this problem whatsoever. it's NOT anything but cmud as it's happenineg on multiple platforms, and in different ways.
can we get someone in here to look at why?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 4:44 am   

Unfortunately, CMUD is no longer in development.
It seems to have a different cause on each system as well.

Are you running the program as an administrator?
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:03 pm   

yes i am running as administrator. It's almost like a #wait with each keystroke. The screen lags with the input if that helps at all...

quite literally inputting anything on command line lags the entire client, it wont open windows, scroll back, anything at all until that's done.

so it's exactly like #wait. can that be traced back to some portion of cmud's registry files or otherwise part of cmud's files and be reconfigured or replaced and fixed???

edit/update: i uninstalled quite a few 'brackground' applications for motherboard tuning, asus/intel/nvidia/evga and one of these was the culprit, as the lag is gone...

i can only assume it's something to do with 'tuning' that was causing the lag on INPUT only on the command line. now as to why that happens is beyond me. I've spent days online looking for similar problems with other programs
As far as i could tell it's always been some form of a collative function that messes with lag for keyboard/mouse, as well as some monitors and vsync which weirdly affects some preceived lag as its the screen lagging but not the game/etc.
I wish i could tell whomever next has this problem to do a step by step walkthrough, however i cannot as i don't know exactly which one of these programs caused the issue.
I will update after i go through reinstalling and seeing which one(s) caused it.

new edit: its still a bit laggy, however no where near as sluggish as it was before.

newest edit: yeah sluggishness is bad full force. reinstalls and eveyrthing nothing fixed it. i have no idea whats causing this.
ceridwel

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:59 pm   

Hey all, I can confirm that I have this issue and also have Malwarebytes Premium running. As soon as I stop the Malwarebytes executable (C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe) THE ISSUE IS FIXED.

Now how to somehow get the Zuggsoft and Malwarebytes devs to get on a call together and fix the issue....
ceridwel

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:09 pm   

Hey guys, after a bit more troubleshooting and trial/error, I have found that you don't need to stop the entire Malwarebytes service to fix this issue. Inside of MWB there is an option called "Ransomeware Protection" and if you simply turn that feature off then the CMud text delay issue is resolved. In MWB this setting is under Settings-->Protection Tab--> "Randomware Protection: Prevents ransomeware from encrypting your files".
teutelquessir

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:18 pm   

I'm having this same issue. I've used cMUD for years without any trouble then recently (a couple weeks ago) when I started it up and logged in to a MUD, I suddenly had huge amounts of text input lag. Turned off real time protection for MalwareBytes and that has resolved the problem. Is this something that can be fixed on cMUD's end or does it need to be with MalwareBytes?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:03 am   

CMUD is no longer being developed, unfortunately, so we have to deal with Malwarebytes.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:48 am   

update(years later)

it was indeed malware bytes interfering with cmud as it was something to do with how it monitored an application that is running, in this case cmud...
removed malware bytes and problem stopped immediatley.

so solution in a way is to check your anti-virus, anti-malware software.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: