Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Alaskan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:31 am   

Map no longer connected to game

I do not know what I did incorrectly..

However, the MUD and the mapper were connected and working well, I had opened up a room to check properties and change the label on an exit.

I am not sure exactly what I did... but then suddenly the map was in a separate window from the MUD. They were no longer side by side in the same window. That is inconvenient, but the problem is that they are no longer mentally connected. In other words, when I move in the MUD, the red dot on the map doesn't move. They are no longer "talking to each other".

Clearly.. I am barely literate on the computer.. so hopefully this is an easy fix, because I am not sure that I can explain much.

Thank you
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:17 am   

Sounds like you managed to undock it, try moving it back in to place and use the shadow icons (they will appear as you are dragging CMUD windows about) as an indicator of where to drop it.
Sometimes you just need to issue a #FIND command or manually reset the location on the map for it to start following again if you get out of sync.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:53 am   

not sure if that is what I did.....

but it is back to working and being connected, which is SO NICE!

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I have to say, for the first time ever, (and I started playing MUDS 25 or so years back) I can actually SEE everything! My paper and pencil maps were never this good.
Alaskan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:04 pm   

in my brilliant stupidity (yeah, lets call it that) I must have switched something off (or on) and now when in map mode... it works the same as follow mode.

How do I make map mode map again?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:18 am   

If you are walking over existing rooms, that should be intended behavior, as nothing has changed for it to detect a new room.
Though I would be careful, as if you spam directions, or otherwise miss a turn, it could start mapping an errant track.
If it still won't map, try reconfiguring the mapper from the config menu.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: