Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
arnak
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 10:32 am   

autoroller

ok i have a roller that kind of works now

but i am having a problem it was rolloing and never selecting a set of stats even when set very low now it rolls 4 times and accepts what ever it gets even when set higher

these are the settings i used.
Rolled: str ~[(%d)~((%d)~)~] int ~[(%d)~] wis ~[(%d)~] dex ~[(%d)~] con ~[(%d)~] cha ~[(%d)~]
IF (%1<16)or(%2<0)or(%3<16)or(%4<16)or(%5<16)or(%6<15)or(%7<1) {N} {Y}
Do you want to keep these stats~?%s~[Y/N~]

#SUBSTITUTE Do you want to keep these stats?%cr%cr%cr%cr%cr%cr%cr;n

rolled: str ~[@arstr ~(0~) int ~[@arint~] wis ~[@arwis~] dex ~[@ardex~] con ~[@arcon~] cha ~[@archa~]

#CO 12;y
i also get a syntax error in the first triggers value

Kevin S. Halbig
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 1:40 pm   

What is the #SUBSTITUTE for? I really do not understand this, you have and IF but it doesn't have the # character. Then you have what appears to be another trigger that looks for "Do you want to keep these stats? [Y/N]" and changes this to the same message but withmany newlines and and "n"? Why? Also, the first trigger has already sent an answer to the MUD about whether you want to keep the stats or not. And then there is what appears to be a third trigger that matches on the same line as the first but using some variables for the pattern (where did they come from, anyway? where are they set, and to what value?) which colors the line and sends "y" to the MUD?

Please explain this a little more. My guess is that for the roller you would only need one trigger like this:
#TRIGGER {Rolled: str ~[(%d)~((%d)~)~] int ~[(%d)~] wis ~[(%d)~] dex ~[(%d)~] con ~[(%d)~] cha ~[(%d)~]$Do you want to keep these stats~?%s~[Y/N~]} {#IF (%1<16)or(%2<0)or(%3<16)or(%4<16)or(%5<16)or(%6<15)or(%7<1) {N} {Y}} "" {prompt}

Kjata
arnak
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 3:31 pm   

quote:

What is the #SUBSTITUTE for? I really do not understand this, you have and IF but it doesn't have the # character. Then you have what appears to be another trigger that looks for "Do you want to keep these stats? [Y/N]" and changes this to the same message but withmany newlines and and "n"? Why? Also, the first trigger has already sent an answer to the MUD about whether you want to keep the stats or not. And then there is what appears to be a third trigger that matches on the same line as the first but using some variables for the pattern (where did they come from, anyway? where are they set, and to what value?) which colors the line and sends "y" to the MUD?

Please explain this a little more. My guess is that for the roller you would only need one trigger like this:
#TRIGGER {Rolled: str ~[(%d)~((%d)~)~] int ~[(%d)~] wis ~[(%d)~] dex ~[(%d)~] con ~[(%d)~] cha ~[(%d)~]$Do you want to keep these stats~?%s~[Y/N~]} {#IF (%1<16)or(%2<0)or(%3<16)or(%4<16)or(%5<16)or(%6<15)or(%7<1) {N} {Y}} "" {prompt}

Kjata

i saw a topic that was from the exact mud i play and cut and pasted the infromation from there it seems now that my confusion is even worse. i saw nothing about coloring a line so i am lost there i will delete everything i have now and run your line to see what happens

Kevin S. Halbig
arnak
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 3:40 pm   

you version started rolling but i do not know where to put the prompt as well as the #if keeps giving a syntax error

Kevin S. Halbig
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 6:07 pm   

I would suggest that you start over. Go into the syntax editor and delete all the triggers you made for the autoroller. Then get out of the autoroller and AT THE COMMAND LINE enter the trigger Kjata gave you to start with. I've copied it here for your convenience and put in numbers where he said to, feel free to change the numbers. I also deleted the second line (where the mud asks if you want to keep the character) so that it can use the default setting of "trigger on newline".

#TRIGGER {Rolled: str ~[(%d) ~(%d~)~] int ~[(%d)~] wis ~[(%d)~] dex ~[(%d)~] con ~[(%d)~] cha ~[(%d)~]} {#IF ((%1 > 15) and (%2 > 14) and (%3 > 16) and (%4 > 17) and (%5 > 15) and (%6 > 13)) {y} {n}}

LightBulb
All scripts untested unless otherwise noted
arnak
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 6:13 pm   

i am soo stupid :) it all seems to be working fine i wonder if it was because i had the beta 6.25 downloaded thanks for all the help you guys and ladies are wonderful

Kevin S. Halbig
PrestoPimp
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 2:25 am   

Just having beta 6.25 d/led shouldnt give you problems in a previous version unless its installed in the same dir.

For tomarrow is another day, and other days come but 6 times a week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: