Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Finished MUD Scripts Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
bothkill Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:36 am
Recycling the numbers of deleted rooms
kittyfish
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:30 pm   

Oh thanks, after so many years it's nice you replied, I guess email notification? :D Does the map importer thing in zuggsoft download section do a similar fix?

I found that the " SQL Error: PRIMARY KEY must be unique. " bug happens any time that you click and drag to select multiple rooms, then change their colour, then move to make a new room with map creation mode turned on -- selecting rooms individually by clicking and holding shift on each square then changing their colour doesn't cause the error when making a new room afterwards
- But it's obviously not ideal since if you are making a large area you have to click every single square one by one
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:39 pm   

You can also get around that error my doing your coloring last thing before closing CMUD down.
Once CMUD restarts it should not give that error on making another room.

P.S. A room is sometimes created when you get that error, usually at coordinates 0,0 of the first zone you created. I used to end up with stacks of blank rooms right there.
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:17 pm   

Yeah on one of the threads I linked on the last page someone suggested on the map going to View > Spreadsheet View to find the broken ones, it works really well, the broken ones are always at 0,0, you can click the Refnum column to sort by and find them that way because they also have 0 for their room ids too (and then after selecting the row carefully to not delete everything click the — icon to delete the row)
ToyMage
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:39 pm   

i'm a noob.. how do i use the script? on my map file? can someone provide a step by step guide? is there any software I need to download?

my maps is getting huge..... with lots of deleted rooms...
ToyMage
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:03 am   

Hi,

I manged to run the script.. and the first two steps seems to run well.. and I get

"Room numbers need not recycling."

"Number of next-to-create Room need not recycling."

but on next click, i get the below error, anyone knows how to fix it?

Line: 341
Char: 4
Error: UNIQUE contstraint failed: ExitTbl.ExitID(19)
Code: 80004005
Source : Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Driver
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Finished MUD Scripts All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: