Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Kostilam

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:29 pm   

Prompt issue & Tick solution

CMUD 3.34, Windows 10, 64-bit

I have two topics to solve. One is rather cosmetic, 2nd is serious and without solving it I cannot participate in PvP fights.

1) Tick solution

In the session screen I have a button with this code (as its caption) " @TimeM: [ @DawnH ]---> @TimeH :%tick <----[ @SunsetH ] ". As the result it showing up actual MUD time with the actual Month and Dawn/Sunset time. Base on the actual time I also change colour of the button (green=day/black=night). This is done by this code " #if (@TimeH>=@DawnH AND @TimeH<@SunsetH) {#CALL %btncol(2030,black,green)} {#CALL %btncol(2030,white,black)} ". This code is put at Timer settings feature, Timeout Command line.

My issue is with the %tick value. To be perfect I’m looking for value (60-%tick). If there is no other interim value I could use for that I can of course make my own value (e.g. TimeS) with the code 60-%tick. But in this case how to update it each second? Where to put command, that will on each %tick value update also update TimeS value? Or is there a way how to put that formula (60-%tick) directly into the button caption? If so, with what syntax?

2) Prompt issue

Please check the URls for log files.

On the first link is an example how it looks like to me right now. This only happen when I hit enemy player (in the mud has form e.g. *an Orc* or *Kaligula the Orc*). If I’m in fight with anything else all is ok and everything works properly as should. Btw. in the old zMud client I never had this issue and also it’s not a result of some wrong substitution or trigger (same happened even I turned all of them off).

http://leteckaposta.cz/279914979

2nd link is to log, how it should looks like ... correct form

http://leteckaposta.cz/914498141

I smell, that problem could be with the wrong CMUD translation of the * character in the PROMPT line. Maybe also solution will be a simple but I will appreciate any help here, because I don't know to what I should focus at.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:13 am   

usually if you are having a variable that needs to be updated you would use an #ALARM

#ALARM "varUpdater" -1 {someVar=60-%tick}
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:00 am   

As to the second issue, if it happens regardless of your triggers being on, then it is likely a game side issue.
Try to condense your problem to a single example you can post here, rather than send people to vague logs on third party sites.
Kostilam

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:24 pm   

ad 1) #ALARM solution works well. But it looks like have an negative influence on the client speed (response rate). I will test it later if it is significant or i could live with that. Thanks for advice.

ad 2) it has nothing with my trigers. It was same even i turned them off. But also don't see it as a game side issue. With different client (even zMud) this doesnt happened. As you wanted here is fragment of log for comparisson.

wrong one (current state) ...
-----------------------------------------------------------
!. CRsW HP:Fine
*an Orc*
:Fine>
*an Orc* strikes for a gap in your armour!
*an Orc* pierces your left hand and tickles it.

!. CRsW HP:Fine
*an Orc*
:Fine>
*an Orc* pierces your right hand and tickles it.

and how it should looks like ...
-----------------------------------------------------------
![ CW HP:Wounded *Hummong the Bear*:Bad>

*a noble Elf* barely slashes your left arm and tickles it.

You crush *Hummong the Bear*'s left forefoot very hard and shatter it.

or if i transfer to correct form first log fragment ...
------------------------------------------------------------
!. CRsW HP:Fine *an Orc*:Fine>

*an Orc* strikes for a gap in your armour!
*an Orc* pierces your left hand and tickles it.

!. CRsW HP:Fine *an Orc*:Fine>

*an Orc* pierces your right hand and tickles it.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:30 pm   

That is a rather annoying display issue, I can understand the frustration... but i cannot think of what would be causing it.

But i bet you could make a trigger pattern to capture it as a multiline.

Have you considered suppressing your prompt after capturing the data elsewhere and displaying it via other means?

Have you tried turning on the script debugger (under windows) and make sure you don't have more triggers firing on that line than you thought?
Clicking the gun icon in the lower right corner will turn off all triggers, if you want to be extra sure nothing is interfering.
Kostilam

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:58 pm   

shalimar wrote:
That is a rather annoying display issue, I can understand the frustration... but i cannot think of what would be causing it.

But i bet you could make a trigger pattern to capture it as a multiline.

Have you considered suppressing your prompt after capturing the data elsewhere and displaying it via other means?

Have you tried turning on the script debugger (under windows) and make sure you don't have more triggers firing on that line than you thought?
Clicking the gun icon in the lower right corner will turn off all triggers, if you want to be extra sure nothing is interfering.

Sorry for reaction delay ... i forgot about notice.
Could you provide me with code that would solve it? Or show me way how so i will be able to finish code and test it by my own. Wink
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:34 pm   

Show me the triggers you are using, and what the output should look like?
Your URL examples have long since timed out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: